Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nitrogin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Help! After creating a partition w/BootCamp, I attempted to install XP but I believe it installed over OS X main direcotry path. Since then, I can't boot OS X (get white screen with a '?' folder. Even tried a clean install OS X but it won't even pickup/recognize a directory.
Used Disk Utility from disk, but the main directory reads (unformatted) and the mounted partition (created by bootcamp?) show's NTFS format.
Read a thread on here and attempted to use KNOPPIX 3.6 version but again can't access (UNABLE TO OPEN /dev/hdb) or any drive. Used the Shell-Partition Image 0.6.4: but don't know what action to take since partion table shows nothing (just # greyed 'blocks' times 6 rows. Don't think its even picking up the disk drive.

Thanks in advance!
Mac/Linux Newbie

Attachments

• DSCN3295.JPG
    DSCN3295.JPG
    300.1 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCN3297.JPG
    DSCN3297.JPG
    277 KB · Views: 41

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Put in your OS X boot disk, boot from it holding C. In disk utility select partition drive, restore it to one partition. Then erase the disk and format it to HFS+ Extended. Then install.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.