Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nitinleew

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
Hi,

Are there any good alternatives to the real Apple USB cable? I need at least two, and spending $19 each is a bit annoying. (Worst part about getting a new gadget is all the cables/chargers/etc. that go with it.)

I can find some dirt cheap ones, like for $3.30 at Amazon. But, based on the reviews, it looks like you get what you pay for. Nothing is more frustrating than a flaky cable.

I'm looking for something in the $8-12 range, from a name manufacturer (like Griffin or Belkin). Something with known quality, but without the expensive Apple logo. Does such a thing exist?

Black would be great too.

cleetusvandamm

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2008
Hi,

Are there any good alternatives to the real Apple USB cable? I need at least two, and spending $19 each is a bit annoying. (Worst part about getting a new gadget is all the cables/chargers/etc. that go with it.)

I can find some dirt cheap ones, like for $3.30 at Amazon. But, based on the reviews, it looks like you get what you pay for. Nothing is more frustrating than a flaky cable.

I'm looking for something in the $8-12 range, from a name manufacturer (like Griffin or Belkin). Something with known quality, but without the expensive Apple logo. Does such a thing exist?

Black would be great too.

what did you ever end up with? Im in need of one or two myself

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.