Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imPoddible

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I have two Macs - one at home which I'll do my primary iPhone dev work on and one at work which sits in a corner of the office which I guess I can tinker on at lunch times and such as I hone my Cocoa programming skills :)

The Mac mini at home runs Xcode 3.1 with the latest iPhone SDK - so no problems there.

The Mac at work is an old Cube which runs 10.4.8. I can't install Xcode onto it as the latest download available from developer.apple.com (Xcode 3.1) needs Mac OS 10.5.

Question: Where can I download an older version of Xcode from (maybe 3.0) that will run on Mac OS 10.4.8? I don't need to run the iPhone SDK on it - I just want an environment where I can write and play with code.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

imPoddible.

imPoddible

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Download Xcode 2.5. It is available on the Apple Dev site. Don't use the one on the Tiger DVD as it is probably out of date.

Do you have a link for Xcode 2.5 on the Apple dev site? When I log in and go to the Xcode section, I only have the option to download 3.1...

Sorry to be a pain!

imPoddible.

JesseW6889

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2010
I didn't see a link, and Xcode 3 was exactly what I needed and this forum came up when I googled it.

Thank you for posting the link: 39 months late, and in the wrong place. It was exactly what I was looking for!

WordBandit

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
Another Thank-you

I concur with JesseW6889 - thank you to fluxwizard. I also, was having trouble finding a URL to get Xcode 3.6.2 from -- and this thread came up early in my searches. Ancient threads are still ranked high in Google.

gergle

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2009
And I concur with the two above - many thanks to fluxwizard. The Apple site no longer explicitly list downloads for old versions of Xcode. If anyone stumbling across this post has links to any other downloads of old versions of Xcode, I would be most grateful.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Good point regarding the fact that this thread is highly ranked when searching for Xcode 3. I have withdrawn my criticism.

Kathters

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2013
It is tough to find on the site, but here's how:

1. go to http://developer.apple.com
2. Click "Resources" at the top of the page
3. Under OSX click "Downloads"
4. Uncheck all options but Developer Tools and type "XCode" into the search bar. You will find all versions under this search.

gergle

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2009
It never ceases to amaze me how forums can help me out with what I need. I just ask the question, and some benevolent soul pops up with the answer, like as if they were just hanging around waiting for me to ask.

Many, many thanks to Kathters. I never would have found my way to those downloads.

Ain't the internet, and the people on it (well some of them) great!

Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.