Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zyuzin4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2002
Eugene, OR
I might try to win an auction where the seller has 0 feedback. He is willing to send the item COD. Is this any consolation? How does the USPS COD system work? Does the personal check get made out to USPS or the ebay seller? Is there any way to inspect the package before accepting delivery and paying?

Insights and experiences welcome!

Mike

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
I don't think it's any consolation.

To open it and inspect the contents, the package would have to be delivered, which means you'd have to pay.

How special is this computer? If you absolutely must buy from this person there are other ways to do it.

cpjakes

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2003
Buffalo, NY
I haven't purchased anything COD since 1997 with my Performa 6400... Then, I had a cashiers check made out to the retailer and UPS got it back to the company. Basically, you trade the check for the box, I don't think you have the option of opening it up.

I would imagine you could call USPS and stop it, but I'm not sure what their policies are or if they ever get involved.

I have never bought or sold on eBay and although I think I'm an honest person, I am skeptical of 0 feedback sellers.

Good luck...

cpjakes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.