Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajkst1

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2003
InMotion

The InMotion speakers are awesome. Obviously they're not like a huge speaker system, but they are great for a desk, cubicle, or dorm room. Great filling sound, and it can be used as a dock for syncing music and charging the iPod. $150 for a dock and PORTABLE speaker system, great investment. 4 AA batteries that SUPPOSEDLY allows for a continuous 24 hour playback. I can't confirm that fact...they don't leave my desk :). I would get them for your friend...and while you're at it, get one for yourself. It's worth it.

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
Thanks for the information!

Yeah I was thinking this would be great for my friend's desk at work. My brother's birthday is next month so I can get him the speakers too and then myself :) Well after I get an iBox ;)

Totalshock

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Tarana (to locals...)
They're good enough that they kicked both my existing computer speakers and my iPod dock off my computer deck here in my little den. Sound is great and full and loud enough, and the bass response is quite good.

Left/right separation on music is not the best because of the proximity of the speakers to each other, but it's quite passable. The sound itself is great though.

And I can't wait to take the Pod camping with me this coming summer, thus thoroughly defeating the concept of "roughing it."

globalwidget

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2002
These speakers are great! I'm listening to them now in Cambodia (very transportable) and loving them. They don't compare to having full size stereo set speakers but for the size and weight, you can't beat them; much better than anything else out there. They will definately fill a small apartment with their sound.

*little tip* if you put them in a small corner space the bass is really helped out; though for their size, it's already pretty good.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
I just ordered these for my office at work, and can't wait for them to arrive. I just moved into my new digs, a 7' x 13' office, and these seem like the perfect fit for the space. After I heard them at the Apple Store, I forgot all about the new Bose panel or even the IM3 from Altec Lansing. I mean, why do you need a remote when the system is literally within arms' reach?

raynegus

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2003
I consider myself somewhat of an audiophile and I was pleasantly surprised by this little unit. It gives very pleasing background music. I wouldn't rock out to it, but when I want to chill I find myself turning on this little gem instead of the $4K audio system sitting next to it.

The best way I can describe it is it puts out a pleasant mid range without being in your face.

It is also a great full-time replacement for the dock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.