Britboy:??

Voting for yourself is bad...so that why I'm not up there:D

Ensign Paris
May 22, 2002, 05:30 AM
Mine would be:

1. DukeStreets current one.
2. EyeLikeArt - Nice, Original.
3. Hemingray - Just got to love Hal!

Anybody out there no that Hal really means IBM?

Ensign

mmmdreg
May 22, 2002, 06:10 AM
i liked ambitious lemons old one, then dukestreet...and the one with the circles with stuff revolving on them..forgot who's that was..

britboy
May 22, 2002, 06:44 AM
My top three:

Dukestreet: the figi picture. I love that one, it's such a simple yet elegant effect.
Mac15: for the such a great idea (you learning driving soon or something? :p)
Rower_cpu: i believe he was the first to come up with an animated tar, and deserves mention for that.

AL's jumping lemon/chick is really good, but he doesn't seem to have it at the moment :( If not, that would be in there.
edit] Mcrain's deserve mention for appropriacy :p

Macmaniac
May 22, 2002, 07:39 AM
I like the Tar with the iMac crushing the Dell, whose was that? It is really cool. I can't wait to ad my tar.

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
I like the Tar with the iMac crushing the Dell, whose was that? It is really cool. I can't wait to ad my tar.

I've had a hand at a few of them, but my favorites are:

Beej: the whole Hardcore Series (gets extra points for the theme)
Falleron: nice design, very slick
Taft: nice and elegant (the image is extremely well done with great shading and clean lines - the tux helps too)

Backtothemac
May 22, 2002, 09:20 AM
Here are my three.

Dukestreet - The king of all that is avatar.
Beej - Nothing like a hardcore series.
Rower - One of the 1st animated avatars.

mcrain
May 22, 2002, 10:21 AM
Backtothemac's new tar by Dukestreet is my favorite.

I also liked Dukestreet's Show me the G5, as it was revolutionary and thought out of the box.

Finally, beej's series is hilarious.

Honorable mention to the traffic signal that Mac15 came up with.

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Ensign Paris
2. EyeLikeArt - Nice, Original.

Ensign

he he he....well thanks!! :D

for me...I'd say:

1) krossfyter's old one (Samuel L. Jackson)...I don't know...I just really dug it...

2) Ensign's....it just cracks me up whenever I see Jobs' face...he he he...

3) B2TM's...u gotta love an iMac crushing a Dell... :D

Ensign Paris
May 22, 2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

2) Ensign's....it just cracks me up whenever I see Jobs' face...he he he...

I am working on a new version but don't have all that much time :) I will keeps Jobs on it though :)

Ensign

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 10:40 AM
I'd have to say that I'd give Ensign honorable mention, I liked the idea, but I don't know what all the images are, so it was sort of lost on me. Nothing personal Ensign, still a good design.

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet
I'd have to say that I'd give Ensign honorable mention, I liked the idea, but I don't know what all the images are, so it was sort of lost on me. Nothing personal Ensign, still a good design.

as I recall...it's his favorite pastimes...

am I correct Ensign? ;)

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2002, 11:32 AM

am I correct Ensign? ;)

that's what i thought. sci-fi, apple... and some others.

mine's the best though. assuming you have a magnifying glass with which to enjoy its full beauty.

oh, and that you saw and loved bottle rocket. ha

duke's current is good. back-dawg's is good.

mcrain's is good. britboy's is good. rower is kind of a classic. etc.

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 11:33 AM

am I correct Ensign? ;)

I know that, but they don't mean anything to me, not even a bit of recognition because the images are so small. You've got Jobs, Ensign Paris, a rock band and a race car driver. The only ones that really work on Jobs and Paris, the other two are to small and hard to read. That was what I was getting at.

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2002, 11:38 AM
i'm pretty sure i remember him talking about michael schumaker at some point.... ie, the race car driver.

not sure about the band.

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 11:41 AM
I forgot, mac15 would get honorable mention too, for the one member to have the most tars. I think he changes his weekly:D

3rdpath
May 22, 2002, 11:48 AM
ensign's got a lot of info in one tar....

jello's got dignan....ya gotta love it

and the beej series is outstanding

of course, duke's creations have brought the tars up to a new level...

jelloshotsrule
May 22, 2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by 3rdpath
ensign's got a lot of info in one tar....

jello's got dignan....ya gotta love it

and the beej series is outstanding

of course, duke's creations have brought the tars up to a new level...

yeah dignan!

"on the run from johnny law, it ain't no trip to cleveland."

ha. 3rdpath... i think i posted something to you back in the music thread or something, maybe in the closed thread about "posting on boards"... about emo and some bands... and offering to send some songs if you wanted to give some bands a try... i forget exactly, i'll look. or you look. and let me know.

edit: it was sense field after you mentioned the smiths. if you want, i can send some of their songs your way... and you can sample befor eyou spend cash on it.... eh?

Ensign Paris
May 22, 2002, 12:08 PM
They are:

Moloko
Schumacher
Jobs
& Paris

Will be updating when I get the time :)

Would people prefer 128X128 avatars?

Ensign

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 12:15 PM
btw duke...

I should be getting some images over to u hopefully this weekend... ;) :D

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 12:41 PM

Would people prefer 128X128 avatars?

Well, you would only be able to post it in the thread not use it as an avatar at that size.

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 12:42 PM
btw duke...

I should be getting some images over to u hopefully this weekend... ;) :D

That's fine eye, I'm a bit busy right now, so it will work out perfectly. Thanks, should be a good one, looking forward to it.

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 12:49 PM

That's fine eye, I'm a bit busy right now, so it will work out perfectly. Thanks, should be a good one, looking forward to it.

he he he....oh hell yeah!! :D

btw...congrats on 2100...and in the spirit of congratulations...u will not receive another from me until u hit that 2500 mark! ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 01:14 PM

he he he....oh hell yeah!! :D

btw...congrats on 2100...and in the spirit of congratulations...u will not receive another from me until u hit that 2500 mark! ;)

Ha, but I'm already at 2200, so you're a little late on that one. But that's ok. I never did make a big deal about the 2000 thing, not my bag.:D

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 01:41 PM

Ha, but I'm already at 2200, so you're a little late on that one. But that's ok. I never did make a big deal about the 2000 thing, not my bag.:D

oh yeah.....right.....I knew that! <eye rolls his eyes & looks away> :rolleyes:

I suppose I've been a little....strange lately.... :D :eek: :p

Taft
May 22, 2002, 02:02 PM
I definitely like duke's current Avatar with the Fiji/Apple logo thingy. Very classy, very asthetically pleasing.

I like Eye's too. I think that was the first Avatar I ever saw on MacRumors. Some people's Avatars will probably leave my mind, but 50 years from now if womeone shows me that pic, I'll immediately think of MacRumors.

I also like BackToTheMac's and Ensigns' current offerings.

Taft

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Taft
I definitely like duke's current Avatar with the Fiji/Apple logo thingy. Very classy, very asthetically pleasing.

Thanks Taft, its actually the Lightwave logo, and it will be a recuring theme in all my 'tars from now on. It was also on my last one.

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Taft
I like Eye's too. I think that was the first Avatar I ever saw on MacRumors. Some people's Avatars will probably leave my mind, but 50 years from now if womeone shows me that pic, I'll immediately think of MacRumors.

do u mean this one...? :D

britboy
May 22, 2002, 02:12 PM
Nooooo..... please, not the dreaded kewpie doll!

Hemingray
May 22, 2002, 02:18 PM
3. Hemingray - Just got to love Hal!

Anybody out there no that Hal really means IBM?

Thanks man! :D Yeah, IBM wasn't too thrilled to learn that, heheh.

Mine would be:
1. Beej (always look forward to his next one)
2. eyelikeart ('cause he's one of the originals)
3. dukestreet (known for his avatars)

In no particular order! Just to be on the safe side. :D

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Hemingray

Thanks man! :D Yeah, IBM wasn't too thrilled to learn that, heheh.

Mine would be:
1. Beej (always look forward to his next one)
2. eyelikeart ('cause he's one of the originals)
3. dukestreet (known for his avatars)

In no particular order! Just to be on the safe side. :D

Safe from what? Ha. And beej challenged me to come up with his next one, its going to be quite silly, that's for sure.....hopefully I'll get around to it next week when I have some more time.

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by britboy
Nooooo..... please, not the dreaded kewpie doll!

he he he...

damn I got a kick out of that! :D

maybe I should have duke include it as a surprise element for my soon to be new avatar... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 03:14 PM

he he he...

damn I got a kick out of that! :D

maybe I should have duke include it as a surprise element for my soon to be new avatar... ;)

Your new one is going to kick ass, eye. I think we stay as planned and see the results, then think about what ever else might be needed.

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 03:23 PM

Your new one is going to kick ass, eye. I think we stay as planned and see the results, then think about what ever else might be needed.

oh hell yeah! :D

I'm quite excited about it...I just wish my friend would get her @ss back into town soon so we can get the pictures part going at least...

he he he... :D :p

britboy
May 22, 2002, 03:29 PM

oh hell yeah! :D

I'm quite excited about it...I just wish my friend would get her @ss back into town soon so we can get the pictures part going at least...

he he he... :D :p

This sounds intrigueing. There's obviously a lot of work and thought going into this one. I look forward to seeing the end result.

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 03:32 PM
This sounds intrigueing. There's obviously a lot of work and thought going into this one. I look forward to seeing the end result.

It won't be as active as my 'Show Me The G5', or B2TM current one. Its going to be a subtle one, tasteful animation, and very slick.

britboy
May 22, 2002, 03:33 PM
Its going to be a subtle one, tasteful animation, and very slick.

So modest.... ;)

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 03:41 PM

So modest.... ;)

isn't he though??

makes u like him even more... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 03:41 PM
I'd like to think so. I know my limits, that's important. I've also had an opportunity to learn a great deal on optimization for the tars, so I have that to my advantage. My first tar wasn't very good, lasted about 1 day I think. I didn't even know how to use Image Ready, and this was only a couple of months ago. If I start acting several hat sizes too large let me know, I just tend to get excited about doing something new.

britboy
May 22, 2002, 03:43 PM
If I start acting several hat sizes too large let me know, I just tend to get excited about doing something new.

Just pulling your leg :p There's no problem in admitting that you're good at (in this case) avatars.

Beej
May 22, 2002, 08:31 PM
I don't think there are any 'tarsI don't like here...

I'm going to go with my fav as Duke's, makes me drool and think of my upcoming holiday every time I see it. (And given his crazy post-rate lately, it's pretty much a constant reminder! :D)

mac15
May 22, 2002, 08:40 PM
see my new tar
it rocks......I love it
it the best one I have ever had

Beej
May 22, 2002, 08:53 PM
Heh cool. Did you make it?

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Beej
Heh cool. Did you make it?

The opening part is clip art, I've seen it before, he even had the first frame, the closed iris as one of his many 'tars, but not animated. But my guess is that its a composite of a cople of animations.

Still, its quite good. Definitely your best yet.:D

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by mac15
see my new tar
it rocks......I love it
it the best one I have ever had

again....keep it for a while!!

let us get used to it...

I think u have had at least 3 or 4 in the past few weeks...he hehe...:D

Rower_CPU
May 22, 2002, 11:53 PM
I like duke's...reminds me of Hawai'i...
Beej's are just too damn funny...
and I'll pick mine...cause dammit I like it!

I've been wanting to update mine, but time and inspiration have not come together yet...:p

MacAztec
May 22, 2002, 11:54 PM
Hehe, my tar is pretty damn original. I wish I could upgrade it, but I have no knowledge in Photoshop!

Duke, could you help me out? I am in desperate need for a new tar, for mine...well, you can figure it out ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by MacAztec
Duke, could you help me out? I am in desperate need for a new tar, for mine...well, you can figure it out ;)

Sure, I have a few to do first, beej, eye and sparkleytone, but I'll put you on the list. MacAztec is a great theme, I've got all sorts of ideas. I'll email you a sample next week, that ok?

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU

I've been wanting to update mine, but time and inspiration have not come together yet...:p

Rower, keep the theme but add some color and don't make the rings permanent. Look at Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius, on Nick.com, they've got some good ones and you could easliy modify yours to have a more 3D effect. It be quite cool.

On thing I always wanted to do for my websites was put an icon at the bottom with 3 atoms zipping around a glowing brain with the words 'Powered By Imagination'

Might still do that some day, I really like it even now.

D

Rower_CPU
May 23, 2002, 12:03 AM
Rower, keep the theme but add some color and don't make the rings permanent. Look at Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius, on Nick.com, they've got some good ones and you could easliy modify yours to have a more 3D effect. It be quite cool.

That's kinda what I had in mind...sounds like an update for the...um, yeah, that...;)

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU

That's kinda what I had in mind...sounds like an update for the...um, yeah, that...;)

hey, none of that allowed! Just update it anyway, can't hurt....

Rower_CPU
May 23, 2002, 12:12 AM
hey, none of that allowed! Just update it anyway, can't hurt....

Ha! I scoff your warning!

We'll see how long it takes me to get around to it. Now that school's done, work is going to pick up...

MacAztec
May 23, 2002, 01:04 AM
That'd be great duke! Thanks alot!!!

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by MacAztec
That'd be great duke! Thanks alot!!!

Go to google and do an image search on aztec art or architecture and find an image you like, there are tons

Falleron
May 23, 2002, 08:36 AM
My favourite is dukestreet's. :-)

eyelikeart
May 23, 2002, 10:56 AM
u know...

your's looks like it has a blue eye in it...

is that what it's supposed to be? coincidence? do I just need to finish my coffee?! :D

Falleron
May 23, 2002, 02:41 PM
u know...

your's looks like it has a blue eye in it...

is that what it's supposed to be? coincidence? do I just need to finish my coffee?! :D

Yep, it is an eye. The idea was that this was a rumour site, we have to keep our eyes open for snippets of G5 + OSX new releases! I made it using illustrator in about 2 mins! Not bad if I do say so myself!

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Falleron

Yep, it is an eye. The idea was that this was a rumour site, we have to keep our eyes open for snippets of G5 + OSX new releases! I made it using illustrator in about 2 mins! Not bad if I do say so myself!

I really like it. I think its one of the best still 'tars out there, even better now that I understand it a little more. Good job.