Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HighHeat14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Before I call Apple to gripe, I'd like for you guys to let me know if I'm doing everything correct, or if I'm leaving out anything.

I have mobileme family pack, an iPhone 3g, and 2 macs(iMac and Macbook). This past weekend, I finally got mobileme to sync my 3g and MOBILEME calenders/contacts.....but it's not talking to either of the macs(iCal/Address Book)

Under system preferences for both iCal and Address Book, I have selected the box that tells it to sync with Mobileme(I'm on my work PC right now so I can't explain exactly what that box says)

So the problem is, Mobileme syncs with 3g and mobileme stuff....but doesn't carry over to iCal/Address Book on either Mac.

Am I leaving out a step? Thanks in advance!

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Before I call Apple to gripe, I'd like for you guys to let me know if I'm doing everything correct, or if I'm leaving out anything.

I have mobileme family pack, an iPhone 3g, and 2 macs(iMac and Macbook). This past weekend, I finally got mobileme to sync my 3g and MOBILEME calenders/contacts.....but it's not talking to either of the macs(iCal/Address Book)

Under system preferences for both iCal and Address Book, I have selected the box that tells it to sync with Mobileme(I'm on my work PC right now so I can't explain exactly what that box says)

So the problem is, Mobileme syncs with 3g and mobileme stuff....but doesn't carry over to iCal/Address Book on either Mac.

Am I leaving out a step? Thanks in advance!

Did you go into the MobileMe preferences and tell it to sync iCal and Address Book, and to sync automatically?

HighHeat14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Did you go into the MobileMe preferences and tell it to sync iCal and Address Book, and to sync automatically?

Actually, I need to correct what I said earlier. I've tried to select the option to sync to mobileme through the preferences in both iCal and Address Book. This is where it gets confusing...

It tells me that I need a mobileme account that is set up for syncing, which I have, but my wife and I both have separate MM accounts, and it defaults to hers when it asks me this question. Hers isn't set up for synching because she doesn't have a 3g, and I don't want all her email on my phone.

In addition, since we have 2 mac computers, in iCal when I select the sync to MM through preferences, it alerts me that there is already a computer on the sync system named XYZ, and that by having the same name for 2 computers may cause me to loose sync info. That's why I'm confused, the 2 computers have different names :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.