Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boomish

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Well I love the ATV, I have all my photo's synced on it and movies streaming, works great, Podcasts I'm still not sure about I thought it was good but there is some mighty weird stuff on there.
I was under the impression you could see all the DVD covers on the ATV not just a list, important to make the Geners is filled in I suppose.
I have about 16 films in there now various types, some downloads some rips, some mkv conversions and even and xvid conversion, Metax and handbrake seems a bit buggy, I have to do all the ripping converting on my 8 core or it takes forever, the beauty of screen sharing means I can control it all from my G5 where I am storing all the movies.
One thing I'm stuck on is a few movies are being transfered to iTunes properly with Metax, I get a small shrunk pic and none of the info anyone know what the problem could be? even updating with Metax doesn't seem to work.
I wish we could swap Hard disk's am realising now doing our whole DVD library is going to take a while !:)

Kids love having the movies on there tho, I got a HD rip of Enhcanted from Blu Ray and it looks amazing..

Pandaboots

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
Dallas, Texas
Curious as to how you got an HD blu-ray rip? Or are you not at liberty to say?

I too have recently bought an :apple:TV to see if it's all that. Other than lack of hard drive space, it's great. I also wish "my movies" had the icons or cover flow vs. a list. With the iTunes store adding more and more content, Apple needs to increase the hard drives substantially so the average consumer can sync all their junk to it. The average person isn't going to buy a raid and store their libraries on different drives etc. I think streaming is ok at best, so storage solutions for syncing content need to be the next hardware upgrade priority.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.