PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Going To Miss The Keynote?

Mr. Anderson
Jan 6, 2004, 08:16 AM
MWNY is so much better for us on the East Coast.....9 AM on the west coast puts it at noon over here and I'll be out playing ultimate in the 40 degree weather.

Which is not a bad thing, actually, since when I get back around 2 to my desk everything will have been said. Its nice to get excited about the whole thing, yet to have to wait it play out sometimes can be a bit much.

That and I'll be out running around getting some exercise, which is a little more productive than sitting in front of my computer waiting for the keynote stream to come back up in one window, while reloading another page with the blow by blow on what's actually being said that I can't see....;)

D

Bengt77
Jan 6, 2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Anyone Going To Miss The Keynote?

Nope. Definitely not. It's been all too quiet the last couple days (heck, even weeks). So quiet that it just has to be a big one (again)...

I definitely am going to watch it.

Mr. Anderson
Jan 6, 2004, 08:45 AM
But what's so special about watching it - all the drama? Steve's showmanship? :D

Hopefully they manage to get the QT Streaming to work better than in the past. I don't think I've ever had a decent experience with it.

D

Kwyjibo
Jan 6, 2004, 09:15 AM
I've got to goto work ... grrr ... i was aroudn for the live transcription of wwdc tho ...

iGav
Jan 6, 2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
But what's so special about watching it - all the drama? Steve's showmanship? :D

Hopefully they manage to get the QT Streaming to work better than in the past. I don't think I've ever had a decent experience with it.

D

I get abit of a thrill (ooooh-errrrr) from listening to Job's, I like his passion and enthusiasm...

A couple of years ago ('01) I was lecturing and after the lession I streamed the MWSF keynote on a projector in the studio, it was the one where they announced the PowerBook G4, cracking stuff!

I have some Strongbow waiting to be cracked open when the event starts.... ;) :D

eyelikeart
Jan 6, 2004, 09:24 AM
I'll admit, it doesn't usually get to be exciting till the last 30-45 mins when they go over new hardware & such. I don't know about this time around, as there hasn't really been much speculation to "new" stuff.

I have a lunch meeting today that'll likely extend up to 2 hours max after. I'll be more than happy to catch the replay after. ;)

latergator116
Jan 6, 2004, 04:29 PM
Well I know it is already over now, but I was at school so didnt get to see it (wasn't much to miss though.:rolleyes:)
The only other keynote I ever watched was MWNY 02' and that didn'really coun't because I was trying to watch it with 56k. I did see the WWDC keynote though at the local university.

edesignuk
Jan 6, 2004, 04:36 PM
...if you did, u didn't miss much...kinda wish I had...

latergator116
Jan 6, 2004, 04:52 PM
I think I would have been more pissed off if I had taken a day off of school to watch a bum keynote.:rolleyes:

eyelikeart
Jan 6, 2004, 05:08 PM
u guys cannot be angry that it wasn't stellar...it's not like there was a huge hype leading up to it...

odditie
Jan 6, 2004, 05:24 PM
I was sad I missed it, since it was the 2nd keynote since I made the switch.

I was at my fiancee's parents house visiting so I got to ask someone what happened while shopping. Unfortunately he was totally lost, and was obviously not working at the computer store because they were Mac lovers, but because they were money hungry.

Macmaniac
Jan 6, 2004, 07:17 PM
I saw some of it and I was in school, some tech guy forgot to disable QT on our old G3's so I got to see some of the keynote, other then that I got news from text updates in my other classes.
I'm not disappointed, people need to cool off for a few days and reevaluate the minPod situation, they need to realized that other companies have similar price points for mini HD players, and regular size HD players, go look at Cnet you can see that there are minHD players for $50 less then larger HD players.

Wardofsky
Jan 6, 2004, 07:45 PM
Yawn, I got up @ about 4am to watch the keynote via the webstream.
You can watch the replay but it's just not the same thing...

Steve is just easy to listen to, in the small wee hours of the morning :D

MrMacMan
Jan 6, 2004, 08:12 PM
I missed the keynote for school...

Only thing worse then missing the Keynote is Missing the EXPO!

Arg... Boston...

:mad:

wdlove
Jan 6, 2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman

Only thing worse then missing the Keynote is Missing the EXPO!

Arg... Boston...

:mad:

I would like to personally invite you to the MW Boston Expo this July. It will be in the brand new Convention Center on the waterfront. We will be the opening convention. Its just a short Amtrak ride away. That is how I traveled to NY in July of 2002. Just think you could have a chance to meet me! :p

latergator116
Jan 6, 2004, 09:15 PM
Ill be there too! We can all meet. (just a short T ride away.)

scem0
Jan 6, 2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman

My God.... How did you every convince your parents to let you do something like that?

My parents would never go for that.

So, obviously, I missed the keynote. But I am have 200 minutes to use computers while at school (4 50 minute periods) so I was able to follow it relatively well.

scem0

Nermal
Jan 7, 2004, 03:52 AM
I didn't miss the keynote, but I kinda wish I had. It's without a doubt the worst keynote I've ever seen (I've seen all keynotes since February 2003, and I saw the two previous ones).

Wardofsky
Jan 7, 2004, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Nermal
I didn't miss the keynote, but I kinda wish I had. It's without a doubt the worst keynote I've ever seen (I've seen all keynotes since February 2003, and I saw the two previous ones).

Why would you call it the worst?

themadchemist
Jan 7, 2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Wardofsky

think about when he said he started following the keynotes...certainly, in the aftermath of G5 announcements last summer, pretty much anything steve could have unveiled would have seemed like the absolute worst thing ever to newcomers.

wdlove
Jan 7, 2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Wardofsky

Maybe it is just because he is too new. He hasn't been around long enough to want to hang on every word of Steve. The Keynote was a very positive report on the state of Apple!