PDA

View Full Version : Users on the Forum Record

OutThere
Jan 6, 2004, 02:18 PM
Apparently MWSF has caused some serious buzz around here...

Most users ever online was 2652 on 01-06-2004 at 03:14 PM

Mr. Anderson
Jan 6, 2004, 02:19 PM
Its not over to till its over....impressive though, over 800 than the previous record.

D

edesignuk
Jan 6, 2004, 02:21 PM
http://upload.edesignuk.net/uploaded_data/smilies/smilie_duhh.gif http://upload.edesignuk.net/uploaded_data/smilies/smilie_duhh.gif http://upload.edesignuk.net/uploaded_data/smilies/smilie_duhh.gif

jxyama
Jan 6, 2004, 02:58 PM
OGM. i've never seen this many people online!!

impressive...

shadowfax
Jan 6, 2004, 03:47 PM
this place just keeps growing. Awesome! kudos to the hard work, arn.

OutThere
Jan 6, 2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by jxyama
OGM. i've never seen this many people online!!

impressive...

Maybe that's why it's a record...

Awimoway
Jan 6, 2004, 04:05 PM
What's most surpising is that there's so much buzz after a terribly ho hum Stevenote. Maybe it's rage. :p

On the serious side, it's probably a testament to the growing popularity of Macs--a growing user base and therefore a growing MacRumors user base. Cool.

Wasn't the last high record in the evening after WWDC 2003? I predict the record might be broken again tonight when everyone in the States gets home from work.

manitoubalck
Jan 6, 2004, 04:15 PM
With all these members and array of other non members online, this time of year must be a great little money spinner for Arn:D.

edesignuk
Jan 6, 2004, 04:17 PM
There are to many newbies & guests!!! :eek: I keep getting server to busy messeges from vBulletin :(

Be gone, be gone I say, eye me hearties!!!

jxyama
Jan 6, 2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by OutThere761
Maybe that's why it's a record...

yeah, thanks. :p

i must say, this mwsf didn't live up to the wwdc... actually, more like the "day" leading up to wwdc... *that night* when the g5 specs were leaked will probably be hard to beat in terms of mac related excitement for quite some time...

Sayhey
Jan 6, 2004, 04:26 PM
First time I've got a "busy signal" on MacRumors! Congrats, arn! It's a sure sign of growth for both Apple and this site.

eyelikeart
Jan 6, 2004, 04:39 PM
yeah...that's a ton of people...

we keep getting more & more popular around here... :eek: :D ;)

latergator116
Jan 6, 2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by jxyama
yeah, thanks. :p

i must say, this mwsf didn't live up to the wwdc... actually, more like the "day" leading up to wwdc... *that night* when the g5 specs were leaked will probably be hard to beat in terms of mac related excitement for quite some time...

hahaha... last night I was browsing apples website to see if they maybe leaked the specs for the 20th anniversary mac.

MrMacMan
Jan 6, 2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by latergator116
hahaha... last night I was browsing apples website to see if they maybe leaked the specs for the 20th anniversary mac.

Hehe.

That would have been funny.

They *must* have fired someone over that image... what a goof...

iAmAzN
Jan 6, 2004, 08:16 PM
one word: wow:eek:

wdlove
Jan 7, 2004, 07:45 PM
I'm feel sad that I wasn't present online during the record use on the forum. Did still enjoy my time at the Apple Store and time with my wife.