PDA

View Full Version : help with icons

phreakout13
Jan 6, 2004, 04:21 PM
Hi
can anyone tell me how to use those buddy icons that show up when you post a thread?
thanks!!!

eyelikeart
Jan 6, 2004, 04:29 PM
it's an avatar...

u get it when u reach 500 posts...

click me (http://forums.macrumors.com/misc.php?action=faq&page=1#avatar) for info...

neut
Jan 6, 2004, 05:33 PM
i think he meant these: :D :) ;)

when you post...there is a menu at left with 'smilies'. when you click them, you will see the 'code'.

peace

eyelikeart
Jan 6, 2004, 06:03 PM
how right u are....

serves me right for moderating while talking on the phone... :eek: ;)

Powerbook G5
Jan 6, 2004, 06:18 PM
I thought he meant avatar, too, since those are "smilies" and not "buddy icons" which, in AOL-speak, is the avatar you have when you IM someone.

eyelikeart
Jan 6, 2004, 06:21 PM
but I thought...when u said...that u thought...I said...that I thought....

hehe...ok enough... ;)

neut
Jan 7, 2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Powerbook G5
I thought he meant avatar, too, since those are "smilies" and not "buddy icons" which, in AOL-speak, is the avatar you have when you IM someone.

:eek: brave of you to admit you know how to speak AOL. I would be ashamed...:p

peace.

rueyeet
Jan 7, 2004, 11:54 AM
And for another question, how do you find out when you reach 500 posts (or your post count at any point, for that matter)? Usually at just about the time I've been at a board long enough to get privileges like an avatar, I find other interests and leave, but it looks like this Mac thing could break that pattern!

(that's right, you're stuck with me and my long-winded babble for a while....you poor people.) :p

eyelikeart
Jan 7, 2004, 12:01 PM
I suppose u will have to just look occasionally at your postcount to find out...not something advisable to make a deal out of, of course. ;)

kettle
Jan 7, 2004, 03:56 PM
I've promised myself time and time again that I wouldn't waste anymore of my life in this godforsaken place:eek: :)