Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sumtime19

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
I could have sworn to god I turned it off when I put the skin on.. anyway, it was only the front. I did not use too much solution. However, the screen looks very.. pixelized? Idk if that's the right word, but like, ranbowie when you move it around.

I know it takes up to 2 days for it to completely dry, is this normal?

Or did I screw my iPhone up?

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

It's just wet. It'll look better when dry. But you should turn it off while it's drying.

Next Tuesday

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2006
Orlando,FL
I could have sworn to god I turned it off when I put the skin on.. anyway, it was only the front. I did not use too much solution. However, the screen looks very.. pixelized? Idk if that's the right word, but like, ranbowie when you move it around.

I know it takes up to 2 days for it to completely dry, is this normal?

Or did I screw my iPhone up?

Sounds like u pushed water into the earpiece hole. Leave it off and put it in a bad of uncooked rice overnight. Make sure to tape up the headphone hole and totally submerge the phone in the rice.

Sumtime19

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Sounds like u pushed water into the earpiece hole. Leave it off and put it in a bad of uncooked rice overnight. Make sure to tape up the headphone hole and totally submerge the phone in the rice.

Wow, you're cool..

And yeah, I turned it off as soon as I realized it was on.

ismoker

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2008
ugh is there any clear skin doesnt require moisture and not gluey?:(
hope your iphone goes fine

Sumtime19

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Okay it's about an hour later, and a lot of it's cleared up.. there's still some rainbowy stuff, but I'm sure it'll go away soon.

jeraldobunkster

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2008
I dont think NextTuesday was saying that as a joke or anything...I think he said that to clear up any moisture that might have got in anywhere. Same reason restaurants put a few rice in their salt shakers to prevent it from clumping.

divang

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2008
I dont think NextTuesday was saying that as a joke or anything...I think he said that to clear up any moisture that might have got in anywhere. Same reason restaurants put a few rice in their salt shakers to prevent it from clumping.

Yeap, if you put something in rice it will pull out moisture faster and get sucked up by the dry uncooked rice.

So no it wasn't a joke what nextuesday said.

Next Tuesday

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2006
Orlando,FL
I don't think he was kidding. The rice is dry and can pull the moisture out of the phone to speed the process up.

Thats what i meant. Anyways, if u want a front skin that doesnt require moisture, try the crystal skin that apple sells. No moisture needed, just throw it on and its good to go. Its actually good protection.

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
The product Next Tuesday is talking about is the Power Support Crystal Film that Apple sells. It's only the front screen protector. It comes with two PS Crystal Films and uses static cling to adhere to the iPhone's screen.

I have a PS Anti-Glare Film and it's great. It was a snap to put on, and if you're so inclined, it can be reused (though it's a b*tch to clean any lint from the adhesive side).

Next Tuesday

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2006
Orlando,FL
The product Next Tuesday is talking about is the Power Support Crystal Film that Apple sells. It's only the front screen protector. It comes with two PS Crystal Films and uses static cling to adhere to the iPhone's screen.

I have a PS Anti-Glare Film and it's great. It was a snap to put on, and if you're so inclined, it can be reused (though it's a b*tch to clean any lint from the adhesive side).

Ty skorpien, thats exactly what i meant. I use that for the front and the IS for the back. I have a BG back as a backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.