Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What should I update to/stay/jailbreak

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

asskick3r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
"Somewhere ... In las vegas"
I was thinking to upgrade to 2.0.... but also sticking with jailbroken 1.1.5.
I am going to jailbreak 2.0... but only when winpwn comes bundled with installer.

All I'm asking is... Do you guys think 2.0 is worth it? Or do you think it could hold me over untill the release of winpwn 2.5 and installer 4?
Thanks.

(There is also a poll that might help my decision)

=Shadow=

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2008
Depends what you want. If you want hundreds of free third party apps and games including the ability to customize your iPod, then stick to 1.1.4 JB. The downside to this is that less and less people are staying on 1.1.4, so don't expect too many new apps over installer.

If you decide to go for the 2.0 FW, since that is where all the new apps are at, than you should Pwn it as well. This is so that you can use apps like WinterBoard and Customize, as well as being able to get all the latest games and apps from the appstore. It's the best of both worlds that way.

IMHO, I would choose a pwned 2.0 iPod, so that's where I will place my vote.

asskick3r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
"Somewhere ... In las vegas"
Depends what you want. If you want hundreds of free third party apps and games including the ability to customize your iPod, then stick to 1.1.4 JB. The downside to this is that less and less people are staying on 1.1.4, so don't expect too many new apps over installer.

If you decide to go for the 2.0 FW, since that is where all the new apps are at, than you should Pwn it as well. This is so that you can use apps like WinterBoard and Customize, as well as being able to get all the latest games and apps from the appstore. It's the best of both worlds that way.

IMHO, I would choose a pwned 2.0 iPod, so that's where I will place my vote.

Good point... But I don't think there is a winpwn for 2.0 yet.

I will ponder what you said... but until I see installer 4 up and running GOOD Then I will go through with whatever is most beneficial for me. (Not saying all I care about is me)
Thanks for the input!

axe-to-grind

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2008
I have a jailbroken 2.2 1st gen ipod touch at the moment though i'm not sure i'll keep it that way. the appstore eliminates a lot of the advantages of jailbreaking. (i used quick pwn)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.