Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

who's happy or not happy with the MBA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kingcrowing

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2004
Burlington, VT
I've had mine for a few weeks now, and I love it. No regrets and after using such a small sleek laptop I'm very glad I didn't get a macbook pro.

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
I found the QC to be the worst I have ever seen in my life :eek:

In addition, the core-shutdown is a NO NO! :mad:

LinMac

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2007
I regret buying one because in the end I had to return it. The form factor is ideal and the internal technology to make it work properly will be coming in the near future.

I can't wait for a Macbook Air that can replace a Macbook! :D

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
I regret buying one because in the end I had to return it. The form factor is ideal and the internal technology to make it work properly will be coming in the near future.

I can't wait for a Macbook Air that can replace a Macbook! :D

Not like that or anything, but I dont think a Macbook Air will ever replace a Macbook:confused:

dthree36

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
I love mine and even though I have access to a MacBook Pro configured to the max from last year, I prefer my air over it. It is not a MackBook replacement but an alternative to those who don't require the biggest baddest configuration for basic use. No regrets and I have had mine a since a week after they hit stores.

I must say that coolbook has made my experience so much better by under volting. I may have a different opinion if I hadn't been using this app, bandaid or not, it makes the experience better.

mikey28

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
I love my mba. Honestly, the form factor is fabulous. I have not had one regret. Can't wait to see the new version...

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
I can't say my purchase was a completely bumpy road but there was some bumps in the road. So far, the only regret I have is the fact this system isn't "faster" for some stuff I do. Somedays, I just dont have the patience to wait for stuff to open or to load and that gives me regrets. Beyond that, I'm pretty satisified with this system.

SleepyHead157

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2008
i bought one the first week it came out. I don't regret buying one, but i just sold it yesterday to buy a macbook pro. i loved the macbook air for school use. Took it everywhere with me, but my new job requires me to have open alot of programs and so the Air gets sluggish when too many programs are being run on it. I am really going to miss it. If they come out with a more powerful one in the future with the same form factor, I am on board to get another one. I am definitely going to miss the quietness of it too, I had the SSD version

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.