Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

efp722

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Philly
Are you able to "trade-in" ipods to apple? I was wondering because I am getting ready to buy a refurbed touch, but i couldn't help but wonder where apple gets all the used ipods that they have to refurbish and sell back out.

ib4walrus

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2008
US
Sorry I don't mean to hijack but I have an old 4G iPod which doesn't work anymore would that be accepted? And if it is would the discount be only on iPods or can you get it for anything in the store (software etc)?

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Sorry I don't mean to hijack but I have an old 4G iPod which doesn't work anymore would that be excepted? And if it is would the discount be only on iPods or can you get it for anything in the store (software etc)?

I think you mean accepted, considering you wouldn't want it to be excepted :p

gregdrummeraz

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2007
Glendale, az
Can we stay on subject? Can I turn in an ipod. then buy a new one. then turn in another ipod and then buy another. but the ipods are damaged.

one has No sound.
one wont turn on.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Wow, I didn't know I could get 10% off for trading in an old iPod.
I have an 80GB Classic and a 20GB 4gen monochrome.
I also want to buy the 64GB Touch when they come out with one.
20% off her I come!

Can we stay on subject? Can I turn in an ipod. then buy a new one. then turn in another ipod and then buy another. but the ipods are damaged.

one has No sound.
one wont turn on.

That... is a very good question, especially since neither one is fully operational.
I think that they will probably allow you to turn in the one with no sound.
I'm not sure about the other.

Which models are they?

fleshman03

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2008
Sioux City, IA
So if you have a 1st gen iPod Shuffle, you trade it in when you purchase a new iPod Touch 32GB, you can get 10% off?

If true, that's awesome.

Anybody have a link to the policy?

Link

Apple said:
A free iPod recycling program, conducted through Apple’s retail stores, offers environmentally friendly disposal and a 10 percent discount on the purchase of a new iPod.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
Wow, I didn't know I could get 10% off for trading in an old iPod.
I have an 80GB Classic and a 20GB 4gen monochrome.
I also want to buy the 64GB Touch when they come out with one.
10% off her I come!
Fixed that for you. You get 10% off, if you turn in 1 iPod or 200. Why would you even want to trade in the classic when you could easily fetch $150 for it, even if an update comes out?

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Fixed that for you. You get 10% off, if you turn in 1 iPod or 200. Why would you even want to trade in the classic when you could easily fetch $150 for it, even if an update comes out?

Yes, 20% if I trade in two iPods.
And I was just speaking hypothetically.
I'm probably going to sell the Classic to one of my friends for like you said, somewhere around $150.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.