Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbotte

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
USA
I have money to give you..... I'd love to listen to my Sirius on my iPhone. I know Sirius is not going to make an app on the iPhone anytime soon.

ninjapenguinart

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
I have money to give you..... I'd love to listen to my Sirius on my iPhone. I know Sirius is not going to make an app on the iPhone anytime soon.

1. the sirius app is already in the makings, from what I have read on other topics of this forum, don't know if they are true but apparently some people have been trying to get in their testing program.

2. you go from flash player to sirius? :confused:

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
Dear Adobe.

Don't bother if it is the same bloated cpu hog that it is on the mac.

I like my battery life.

Trajectory

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2005
Earth
I'd love to see Flash on websites I visit on the iPhone, but, I'm sure it would bring the iPhone to its knees. It requires way too much processing power, and Adobe isn't known for making svelt apps.

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
It's not Adobe you should be asking: Apple isn't allowing Flash on the iPhone. Apple's stated reasons are the full version of Flash is way too processor/battery/memory intensive and slow, while Flash Lite isn't powerful enough yet is still too processor/battery/memory intensive.

Adobe supposedly working on a version of Flash that will make Apple happy.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Abobe need to concentrate all their efforts on making Flash for OS X/Windows 64-bit.

Heh.. they still need to make a decent working Flash for Linux, let alone any 64bit Linux distribution!

Luckily, I hear Flashplayer 10 beta has been getting some good reviews..

BL.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
1) There will not be a flash player app because, well, it's near useless on such a device

2) What you mean is a flash plug-in for Safari, which Adobe is working on but Apple doesn't want to be a battery hog. For all the people complaining about no Flash support, there will be more complaining about poor battery life with a Flash plug-in that wasn't very efficient. Apple and Adobe are not completely stupid about this.

3) You'll probably have to wait for a satellite radio app. I think they have their hands full with that little merger thing. The two companies will be combining services, and they're probably going to spend time working out contracts and such. Until then, check out AOL Radio and Pandora. They're not bad, they work on EDGE, and they're FREE.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
2) What you mean is a flash plug-in for Safari, which Adobe is working on but Apple doesn't want to be a battery hog. For all the people complaining about no Flash support, there will be more complaining about poor battery life with a Flash plug-in that wasn't very efficient. Apple and Adobe are not completely stupid about this.

I hope they are working on it, but they already have flash lite 3 on the S60 browser.

Renegade89

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Nevada, USA
I don't get why apple and adobe can't just work together and add it for web browsing. Have a flash on/off switch in the settings, then people can't really complain about it specifically eating up their battery. Its not like its going to eat up a ton more battery then some of the apps that are out.

bbotte

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
USA
I would doubt Sirius is writing an App, they need to sell Satellite radios to go with their content, that would be kinda counter productive for them....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.