PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I post in this thread?!

iParis
Aug 8, 2008, 01:42 PM
I have posted here before.
And I have also read the FAQ/Rules.
The thread also hasn't been locked.
The thread is only in the Community Discussion.
Any reason why I can't post here?

Here's the link to the thread:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=532723

swiftaw
Aug 8, 2008, 01:44 PM
The thread is in the PRSI forum, you need 100 posts to post in there.

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:MacRumors_FAQ#I_can.27t_post_a_message_in_the_Forums

bartelby
You need 100 posts before you can post in the PRSIs IIRC

Osarkon
It might be because it's in the PRSI forum. I think there's a post count restriction on posting in that forum, though don't quote me on it.

Someone will soon correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Beaten to it by not only one, but two people. Ah well, least I wasn't wrong!

Raid
Aug 8, 2008, 01:46 PM
Actually the thread is in the PRSI forum... I can't find the rules regarding posts there, but I do believe there's a certain post limit before you can go in there.

<edit> damn beaten to it several times over.... I have to improve my search/typing speed! :) </edit>

iParis
Aug 8, 2008, 01:50 PM
Oh, so even though I have posted in there before, I still have to reach 100 post?
Umm... ok.
Only 35 more to go.

WildCowboy
Aug 8, 2008, 01:55 PM
Oh, so even though I have posted in there before, I still have to reach 100 post?
Umm... ok.
Only 35 more to go.

The thread was moved into PRSI from elsewhere due to its content. That's why you were able to post in it before, but not now.

And yes, you've got 30 or so posts to go, but be sure to make them worthwhile posts...we'll be watching. ;) :)

iParis
Aug 8, 2008, 02:02 PM
The thread was moved into PRSI from elsewhere due to its content. That's why you were able to post in it before, but not now.

And yes, you've got 30 or so posts to go, but be sure to make them worthwhile posts...we'll be watching. ;) :)

I know, I know.
I'm not going to do a bunch of pointless post.
That's a good way to get a Time-Out.
Trust me, been there, waited the 3 days, not that fun.

iJohnHenry
Aug 8, 2008, 06:34 PM
I too think I suffered that ignominy, although without some acknowledgement from the Staff, it's hard to judge.

alphaod
Aug 12, 2008, 10:49 PM

What's the threshold for number of useless posts per day that would justify the time-out?

iParis
Aug 12, 2008, 11:05 PM
What's the threshold for number of useless posts per day that would justify the time-out?

What are you saying?
Do you think I post pointless threads to get a higher status?
I have never done that, as I pointed out earlier, I don't do that.
And why would you bother posting on this thread, in my eyes it's expired since I've gained the amount of post I need to post on that thread I said I couldn't.

I apologize in advance if you were just asking the question to know for your general information.

[EDIT] This isn't anything against you, just trying to find out if you were being a jerk or not: what specifically makes a post useless (because I don't think I've done any useless post), and if there if you can get a time out for that I haven't heard so. And I have read the rules/faq like two or three times.

WildCowboy
Aug 13, 2008, 02:45 AM

There's no firm threshold. We take into account the poster's previous posting history, the speed at which they are posting, the "uselessness" of their posts, and the relative locations of Mars and Saturn at the time in determining how to respond to such situations.