Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IndianaiPhone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
North Texas
I want to get an iMac G4 refurb so I can finally have leopard but I want to make sure I am getting a quality refurbished mac. Anyone have any ideas of where I can get quality refurbished macs?

IndianaiPhone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
North Texas
Apple is a good place to start from something a little newer then an iMac G4. Are you really sure you want an iMac G4?

Yah. Because I need something as cheap as possible. Money is kinda an issue for a 15 year old like me that just spent all his money on his iphone 3g and the plan and whatnot.

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
I can understand why you want one, but why put Leopard on something that old, especially when you can put in a few hundred more for a new Intel iMac. But you can try PowerMax.com.

Edit.... Didn't know you were only 15. Well you should spend your money a little more wisely. Since you have 2 iPhones anyways.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Yah. Because I need something as cheap as possible. Money is kinda an issue for a 15 year old like me that just spent all his money on his iphone 3g and the plan and whatnot.

How about a G4 tower? They are pretty inexpensive now. The trouble is the cost to ship them. I have a 1.2 Ghz G4 I'd sell for $225 with the Apple Studio monitor (really big CRT). No I'm not really trying to sell it here just making an example. If I have one there must be many others. You want to buy one nearer to your house so you could pick it up and avoid having to pay for shipping.

IndianaiPhone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
North Texas
How about a G4 tower? They are pretty inexpensive now. The trouble is the cost to ship them. I have a 1.2 Ghz G4 I'd sell for $225 with the Apple Studio monitor (really big CRT). No I'm not really trying to sell it here just making an example. If I have one there must be many others. You want to buy one nearer to your house so you could pick it up and avoid having to pay for shipping.

I thought about getting a tower but then I would also have to get a display.

fastlanephil

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2007
You might check out the eMac G4s at PowerMax. Good bang for the buck if you don't mind the CRT display.

patrickmacrumor

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2008
What else am I going to spend my $ on? Since computers are my hobby and my life I think thats what I should spend my $ on.

Whatever makes you happy (Russell Peters). It's your money, we cannot tell you what to do with it.
Edit: no sarcasm here.

However, (to djbahdow01), you're right when saying money should be spent wisely. The only way one can increase one's wealth is to spend less one makes.

HandleVandal

Jan 15, 2008
Why not sell one of your iPhones to add some extra money to your computer fund?

Btw: I second the G4 eMac idea. They're solid computers, but heavy, so shipping may cost you. PowerMax is probably your best best for buying a refurb Mac, if you don't want to use the Apple refurb store.

http://www.macofalltrades.com/ is another, if you're wanting to shop around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.