Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lidomkj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
I had poor battery life and overheating watching movies which caused core shutdown and stuttering video. Symptoms just started showing up within the last month, no problems since I bought during launch.

Just came back from Apple today and when I was checking out my computer for scratches and other items, there was a mark on the apple logo that lights up. I rubbed it off, but the screen seems to give a lot in this area, tons of flex. I did not notice this before and not sure if this is normal or not. Does anyone else notice this on their Air? Just push a tiny bit around the apple logo and see if there is flex. Just do not want to go back to the apple store if this is normal.

By the way, they replaced the battery and part number 607-2476 Thermal Mod w/Fan assy, alt, m82. Not sure what that means, but still need to test the fix. I did notice that the fan is lower 2498 and the temp is hovering at 45*. just surfing without media intensive sites.

720p HD movies I recorded with my HD camcorder are not stuttering anymore with the temp hovering at 70* and fans 6147. Much better than before. Hope this fix lasts....

raremage

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Orlando, Florida
Pressing on the logo on my MB, there's some flex. It doesn't feel flimsy by any stretch, but there is definitely some ability to flex the screen without apparent adverse effect.

Lumpydog

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007
Flex is normal

Funny you should ask - I was just wiping down my Air - I notice that the lid where to logo is has a good amount of flex.

Normal

Lumpy

lidomkj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Thanks....did not want to raise a stink when not necessary....

So far the fix seems to be working. I would suggest repair if anyone is having the heat related issues. I will keep everyone posted since this might be temporary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.