Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
Hello,

I have been using .Mac on the iphone for the last six months, no problems, headache free.

Mobile Me roll out was a pain, but not too much.

But, over the last 2 Weeks, iPhone Mail app cannot retrieve or send MobileMe Emails over EDGE, even though I can browse the web and use Apps that require EDGE.

Under Wifi, Mobile Me works fine, receiving and sending emails.

My Gmail and Yahoo accounts work fine under EDGE, so this is a MobileMe only problem.

What could be the reason?

BulkHedd

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
This is interesting. I have started seeing the same thing. I was having trouble with my MobileMe e-mails being pushed to my iPhone so I checked here to see if anyone else was having a problem. I saw your post and remembered that I had turned WiFi off. I turned it back on and immediately the messages were pushed to me. I had sent myself a couple of test messages and on EDGE I got nothing. Turned on WiFi and here they came.

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
Same here. I cannot send my mobileme account emails. All other accounts work fine - thats kind of funny.

I have contacted Apple and they replied and said their engineers work on it.

That was 4 days ago. I guess we have to wait and see. :mad: :eek:

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
Glad to hear others have the same issue, I really hope Apple fixes this, this whole Mobile Me transition really sucks, I have several important business emails I have sent and am worried if any have arrived as I am still waiting for replies. :rolleyes:

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
Have you tried restoring factory settings? Possible simple solution to a temporary problem.

Yes I restored it several times. Once regular restore. Once restore as new iPhone. And once restored from recovery mode. No use. It's bothering that all other email providers work. Just not MobileMe

nhyde

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Yes I restored it several times. Once regular restore. Once restore as new iPhone. And once restored from recovery mode. No use. It's bothering that all other email providers work. Just not MobileMe

Shucks! Well, at least you're not alone in this problem, so hopefully it's widespread enough to get a quick fix!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.