PDA

View Full Version : Offering my old signature for sale...

King Cobra
May 22, 2002, 04:17 PM
Seeing as I am moving to 500 posts I decided I better get an avatar and address who I am by my name. "Any time is a great time for iPod" is a cool quote, but in 24 hours from now I will post 500 (set your watches...16:25 on the East Coast). My avatar may take a little longer, but I am going to retire my old signature.

So if anybody, new or experienced wants it, post a solid reason why. I will be the final judge of who I will allow the signature to.

"Any time is a great time for iPod." - KC

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 04:24 PM
u make a huge announcement when u joined...

and now u are selling off the rights to your sig?!

are we getting a little high & mighty on ourselves? :eek: ;)

kishba
May 22, 2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
u make a huge announcement when u joined...

and now u are selling off the rights to your sig?!

are we getting a little high & mighty on ourselves? :eek: ;)

yes he is

hehehe... i got pretty angry when he made the announcement of his new membership and first post... just imagine me now :)

::sigh::

kishba
May 22, 2002, 04:37 PM
actually at one point i was ahead of the king's post count and for awhile i was keeping up with him... then i dropped off the face of the earth and he caught up/flew by

someday i will reach 500 but i guess i don't care too much about it... i don't even know what i'd do for an avatar

until that day i'll just keep working on posting thoughtful comments... one painstaking post at a time :)

sjs
May 22, 2002, 04:54 PM
King is just havin' a little fun with us. Its the Jersey in him, you know. What can we offer him for the worn-out signature...come on, lets make him an offer...oooh, this could get ugly!

King Cobra
May 22, 2002, 05:00 PM
Just look guys.

I know that many of you are getting irate at my "introduction" posts. First of all, I do not even like my first post. And second I do not think I am trying to get mighty...but I do plan to keep posting.

The only reason I am making this post is just so that someone else can have a signature if they haven't thought of one. And for Pete's sake, I do NOT mean to get anyone angry. I do regret if I do, especially from those who still remember/despise my introduction. I am only trying to change my personality here on the forums. And I do realize that this is sort of like my first post, but I could not find any other quieter way of doing this.

Just give me a break, guys. I know that here and there I have made errors. But at least I can still integrate an intelligent discussion and incorporate rumors just as anyone else can, whether there are new or experienced members. Just calm down.

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
Just give me a break, guys. I know that here and there I have made errors. But at least I can still integrate an intelligent discussion and incorporate rumors just as anyone else can, whether there are new or experienced members. Just calm down.

no worries Cobra... ;)

someone's gotta give u a hard time...

I'll try to back off a bit on u....I know I flamed u a bit for that first post... ;)

truce? :D

King Cobra
May 22, 2002, 05:12 PM

no worries Cobra... ;)

someone's gotta give u a hard time...

I'll try to back off a bit on u....I know I flamed u a bit for that first post... ;)

truce? :D

Your response to my jerk-off introduction was something I deserved. Besides, I like a guy with comedy in him.

And I can try to handle myself in flame wars. I am sure you remember the episode with me and alex_ant in the discussion of 2x processor TiBooks. Although I ended up losing, I did manage to leave quitely.

But I would call a truce anyways. I am sure that to get around in these posts someone needs to pick on someone. It's normal.

By the way, do you plan to use smilies in every post? :) It's a done deal.

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 05:24 PM
I hate quoting an entire post...so...

1) more than likely I was in a fiesty mood that day...I'm sure someone mentioned "Apple PDA" at some point and I just had frustrations to work out...

2) no worries about flamewars...I'm sure u already know that u are not the first to get heated with alex...right Alpha? ;-)

3) not about "needing" someone to pick on...but when u open yourself up to it...it's gonna happen...it just worked out well that I could bring up the past in this particular case...

4) I never really thought about it....I suppose I do use the smileys often... :D

kishba
May 22, 2002, 05:33 PM
:):):)

smiles are a great form of expression... and a great way to hint that you aren't as serious/angry as your post might sound...

i too don't mean to be really arrogant or mean but as both of you have mentioned... you set yourself up for it :)

well now that this mess is over with... :)

King Cobra
May 22, 2002, 05:35 PM
I am sure that AlphaTech is never a nice guy when someone happens to post the wrong information, or whines like an infant, as TyleRomeo did with USB2. It doesn't usually end pretty.

I most certainly acknowledge releasing your fustration about someone posting some BS about a PDA. I'll be shocked to find out who doesn't like those three letters. :)

As for the coincidence of bringing up my first post, just wait to 1000. (JUST KIDDING!!!) When I do reach higher numbers, I will remain silent as much as possible, until someone brings it up.

And I do not plan to have a ceremony for posting 500 either. Just a regular post. But I will be changing my "attire", sort of speak. Hence the reason for this thread.

But I see this is becoming useless...except for discussion.

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 05:48 PM
Alpha isn't a bad guy if u get to know his habits a bit...

I say go for it when u reach 500...most everyone else does...hell...I will do something for my 3000th... :D

King Cobra
May 22, 2002, 05:57 PM
I would say that AlphaTech is probably one of the most experienced guys on the forums. And I have noticed that he does seem to do rather well in flame wars, so obviously he is well informed about Apple or Apple-related material. I like the guy. I like a lot of guys on the forums.

There are a few pains in the neck, who have certain habits on the forums, that I cannot deal with. I do not see how these guys are going to fare in high numbers of posts. Once they reach 500, let's say, certain guys, such as tjwett, will make posts, such as "The Crocodile Hunter vs. George Of The Jungle", which make absolutely no sense and gives folks around or less than the number of posts he has a bad fame, in my opinion. At least relate it to the Mac vs. PC war: "If a PC catches a bug in the forest, does it make a sound? Crash!"

But overall I think that the guys with 4 digit posts have mostly intelligent posts. There probably are a few here and there mishaps, but are still people to look up to.

GeeYouEye
May 22, 2002, 06:10 PM
Well KC, you've got an hour and 8 minutes to go, and 7 posts. Don't forget, you're only at 493. :)

cleo
May 22, 2002, 06:13 PM
As in, you want someone to *pay* you for a used sig?

King Cobra
May 22, 2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by GeeYouEye
Well KC, you've got an hour and 8 minutes to go, and 7 posts. Don't forget, you're only at 493. :)

Easy, big guy.

When I posted this thread, I said 23 hours from that point. I'm not sure whether you skipped a time zone, or if you are still trying to tape record episodes on "24" and play it back on real life, but my computer is basically displaying 18:21.

And, besides, who the he!! gives a flying ******* anymore? I will post 500, but nobody would care. Why should you?

I know, I'm a little edgey today. But it hasn't been too much of a great day for me.

And, if you must know, I have about 22 hours left. Again, does anybody give a damn. No.

<edit: tsk..tsk..u should know better!>

King Cobra
May 22, 2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by cleo
As in, you want someone to *pay* you for a used sig?

No, ma'am. If you want it, just ask..."sale" doesn't mean anything. The quote is free.

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 06:25 PM

No, ma'am. If you want it, just ask..."sale" doesn't mean anything. The quote is free.

hey...something "for sale" can have lots of meanings... ;)

jefhatfield
May 22, 2002, 06:45 PM
I am sure that AlphaTech is never a nice guy when someone happens to post the wrong information, or whines like an infant, as TyleRomeo did with USB2. It doesn't usually end pretty.

i remember someone saying something about a g4 sphere and someone else saying something, before anybody else, about a g4 imac, and everybody just thought those posts were crazy...a few months later, guess what

i would like to see a dualie tibook but the more i think about it, maybe that market would be a little slim...but i would still like it though

i also want to see a g4 ibook which i think is a certainty, or some future g4 powered portable

my 2 cents

Macmaniac
May 22, 2002, 07:34 PM
I can't wait to sell the rights to my sig, lol. I have announced in posts that I have reached a big number, but never a full thread. That day will soon come though and the unvieling of my tar, in oh lets say 7 days.

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 08:36 PM
anyone wanna buy my old avatar?!

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 11:46 PM
Sorry, mine is a little more appropriate. All the time and effort, a ground breaking 'tar, truly unique and totaly yours, given a reasonable offer.....

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 11:52 PM
I hate when I forget to attach the image.

Here it is, one of a kind and all yours, just give me an offer.....

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
I hate when I forget to attach the image.

Here it is, one of a kind and all yours, just give me an offer.....

yeah....I definitely like your current setup much better! ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 12:01 AM

yeah....I definitely like your current setup much better! ;) s

Yeah, its grown on me too. I'm going to have a hard time replacing it eventually. We'll see what happens. I might take some other photos and do the same effect, keep the vacation theme going for a while.

AlphaTech
May 23, 2002, 12:03 AM
I need to change my 'tar soon. I just got my HOG membership package in the mail today, so I will be scanning in the patch and see how that looks at 'tar size. Too bad we can't have sound with our 'tar... heh heh heh... I can think of many things to use, some of them nice, many not all that nice. :D

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 01:20 AM
i just got home to find that something like this got more than one page.... wow.

no reason someone can't use the signature if they want. even without getting some approval. it's not copyrighted i don't think, is it?

AmbitiousLemon
May 23, 2002, 01:42 AM
anyone wanna buy my old avatar?!

sorry, guess im just a pirate at heart. arrrh!

AmbitiousLemon
May 23, 2002, 01:49 AM
but look i found you a new kewpie doll!

AmbitiousLemon
May 23, 2002, 02:02 AM
and a nice avatar sized one for eye

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon
and a nice avatar sized one for eye

click here (http://www.dukestreet.com/digit.mov)

Ensign Paris
May 23, 2002, 09:16 AM
I am offering my post count, avatar and everything I have ever done on MacRumors to the first person to give me a Powermac G5.

Ensign

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Ensign Paris
I am offering my post count, avatar and everything I have ever done on MacRumors to the first person to give me a Powermac G5.

Ah, travis, I mean ensign, you might need to provide more incentive....

eyelikeart
May 23, 2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon

sorry, guess im just a pirate at heart. arrrh!

ha ha ha!!!!

that's great lemon!!! :D

AlphaTech
May 23, 2002, 09:43 AM

Ah, travis, I mean ensign, you might need to provide more incentive....

I agree duke.... especially since some of us already have a higher count, and working on new 'tars... I scanned in the first part of mine last night. I am thinking about putting it up as it progresses, since the images could work all by themselves. :D

mcrain
May 23, 2002, 09:43 AM
Ok, so we have so far had a sale of an avatar or two and and the attempted sale of a signature at the use tax rate of 6.25%... That comes to about $27.50. Please make your check out to mcrain, care of macrumors.com. I'm sure arn will accept your payment on the "donate to macrumors" section!

LOL

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by mcrain
Ok, so we have so far had a sale of an avatar or two and and the attempted sale of a signature at the use tax rate of 6.25%... That comes to about $27.50. Please make your check out to mcrain, care of macrumors.com. I'm sure arn will accept your payment on the "donate to macrumors" section!

LOL

Where are you getting your numbers, mcrain? I'm thinking your reaching around and grabbing them out of you @$$.

AlphaTech
May 23, 2002, 09:51 AM

Where are you getting your numbers, mcrain? I'm thinking your reaching around and grabbing them out of you @$$.

Considering how the tax people do that to all of us, it's only fitting that they get some too. Large objects shoved up the old rectal cavity that is.

"fear the taxman"?? I think not. Fear the man who has the weapons and is not afraid to use them... Fear the free thinkers (most of the Mac community), and those that will NOT go quietly into the night...

mcrain
May 23, 2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
Considering how the tax people do that to all of us, it's only fitting that they get some too. Large objects shoved up the old rectal cavity that is.

"fear the taxman"?? I think not. Fear the man who has the weapons and is not afraid to use them... Fear the free thinkers (most of the Mac community), and those that will NOT go quietly into the night...

Sorry, but only death and taxes are inevitable, and those same taxes pay for the police and military, so I've got backup. :)

I'm selling my bike! :( I'm bummed, but couldn't avoid it. Moving, and just can't keep it. Oh well, I'm sure in a few years I'll end up replacing it.

A moment of silence for my baby.

Hmm
May 23, 2002, 10:00 AM
Wow, this sure is a long thread!!

"Any time is a great time for iPod."

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Hmm
Wow, this sure is a long thread!!

hmm is right:rolleyes: yet another erudite response from an intellictual memeber.....

Sorry to hear about the bike mcrain. :(

eyelikeart
May 23, 2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Hmm

uh oh Cobra...does this guy have exclusive rights yet or what?? ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 10:11 AM

uh oh Cobra...does this guy have exclusive rights yet or what?? ;)

Ouch, forgot about that sig, the whole thread topic and all. That would constitute a taunt, now wouldn't it.

chmorley
May 23, 2002, 10:14 AM
Sorry, KC, but I think it's a terrible signature.

Now if you want to sell tickets to a Yankee game, I'll play.

Chris

eyelikeart
May 23, 2002, 10:52 AM

Ouch, forgot about that sig, the whole thread topic and all. That would constitute a taunt, now wouldn't it.

hey mcrain....can I get in on the goods for blowing the whistle on Hmm for using Cobra's old sig without having been granted rights?! :D

eyelikeart
May 23, 2002, 10:52 AM
actually...I think that would be:

"Not going anywhere for a while?" ;)

Hmm
May 23, 2002, 03:36 PM
Hey, I want in on that too!!

AlphaTech
May 23, 2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Hmm
Hey, I want in on that too!!

Newbies :rolleyes: Worse then kids on xmas eve... :D

eyelikeart
May 23, 2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech

Newbies :rolleyes: Worse then kids on xmas eve... :D

so....what are u going to do about it?! :eek:

AlphaTech
May 23, 2002, 05:40 PM

so....what are u going to do about it?! :eek:

heh heh heh heh.... just wait until I get home.... muahahahahahaaaa

Hmm
May 23, 2002, 09:23 PM
Yeah, newbies are a pain, aren't they?? :cool:

krossfyter
Jun 22, 2002, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Hmm
Yeah, newbies are a pain, aren't they?? :cool:

how you figure?

j763
Jun 22, 2002, 02:41 AM
Alpha isn't a bad guy if u get to know his habits a bit...

I'm seeing one very consistant habit regarding intelligent postings and reasoning exhibited by Alpha.

eyelikeart
Jun 22, 2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by j763

I'm seeing one very consistant habit regarding intelligent postings and reasoning exhibited by Alpha.

hmm...would u care to clarify that statement?

btw...I cannot believe this old thread was brought from the dead! :rolleyes:

chmorley
Jun 22, 2002, 02:22 PM
I agree. I thought this was perhaps the dumbest thread I've ever seen.

And now it is one post longer...

Chris

krossfyter
Jun 22, 2002, 03:22 PM
glory be.