Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunday

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2008
Cypress,Texas
So i'm about to buy a G9 and i would also like to buy a external flash for it. After looking around i found some older canon speedlite's for a more reasonable price, i'm just wonder if it work the same with the older type ones.

Baron58

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2004
So i'm about to buy a G9 and i would also like to buy a external flash for it. After looking around i found some older canon speedlite's for a more reasonable price, i'm just wonder if it work the same with the older type ones.

I have a G9 and recently got a SpeedLite 430ex. It works great. I got a cheap clone that claimed Canon ETTL-II compatibility at first, but it wasn't really (performed more poorly than the built-in flash :confused: ) I borrowed a friend's 430ex to try it, and decided to return the clone and upgrade.

If you're worried about compatibility with an older flash, either try to borrow one and try first, or make sure it's returnable.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
Awesome I was going to make the same thread. What is the going price for a 430ex? around 200? Baron, How much did you get yours for? I'm also looking for a cheap alternative.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.