PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I convert music to AAC format in iTunes anymore?

RFR79
Aug 10, 2008, 03:34 AM
I'm new at posting so please be easy on me.

I am just wondering why I can't convert to AAC in iTunes anymore. I was just trying to make a ringtone in iTunes with the work round and it doesn't work anymore. I was able to do it before the last iTunes update.

I am currently running iTunes ver. 7.7.1.11. Do I have to go back to an older version of iTunes to be able to create ringtones (for free) ?

swiftaw
Aug 10, 2008, 03:35 AM
When I right-click on a song, I have an option to Convert to... and also to Create Ringtone.

RFR79
Aug 10, 2008, 03:46 AM
The problem is that I don't get the," Convert selection to AAC" option anymore.

Manzana
Aug 10, 2008, 03:46 AM
I also have 7.7.1 (11) and I can do it. Under advanced options do you have AAC as your default encoder?

Manzana
Aug 10, 2008, 03:48 AM
The problem is that I don't get the," Convert selection to AAC" option anymore.

OK, so check under option>advanced>importing>import using: aac encoder
this is under os x btw.

RFR79
Aug 10, 2008, 04:03 AM
OK, so check under option>advanced>importing>import using: aac encoder
this is under os x btw.

Thank youuuuuu.

I am running windows vista btw but I found those options in iTunes. Man I thought that I was gonna have to find another way to make ringtones for the iphone. Thanks for your help:D

LividNescafe
Apr 23, 2013, 01:23 AM
The only reason im converting is to turn Purchased AAC Audio File to standard AAC Audio File so the songs can operate on other devices. That option is now not available now. Is there any fix? :confused: :confused: :confused:

davelanger
Apr 27, 2013, 06:02 PM
The only reason im converting is to turn Purchased AAC Audio File to standard AAC Audio File so the songs can operate on other devices. That option is now not available now. Is there any fix? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes burn the songs you want to a cd then reimport to your itunes.
that may fix the issue