Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
Curious about the interface. What happens if I walk into something thats a suckfest. Is there a quick way to launch the app without people realizing my master plan?

Also, what are the extra sounds?

Its funny. Its not the price keeping me away, its the time it would take to install and perform my next backup!

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
Looks like a cool app, should be funny. I just hope that this app isn't removed by Apple.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
That's actually very clever. Can you ONLY use the included ringtones, though? Or can you use your own too?

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
a reviewer on the app store said that the phone does not "light up" (screen doesn't turn on) when the fake call comes in.

Is that true?

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
That's true, confirmed on two iPhones. It just rings.

I guess that could be confusing. If the phone locks while you wait for it, and you appear to unlock it just to get to the app to see the fake call, it might tip them off.

Best thing to do is program the app to never dim, but to fake a black screen, and lock the touch screen until the timer goes off or you push home to get out of the app.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I guess that could be confusing. If the phone locks while you wait for it, and you appear to unlock it just to get to the app to see the fake call, it might tip them off.

Best thing to do is program the app to never dim, but to fake a black screen, and lock the touch screen until the timer goes off or you push home to get out of the app.

There is a BUG in this app:

I have confirmed it twice so far. Set the app to call in one minutes and sleep the phone. Out of four tries, it rang twice in two of the trials. The other two times it never rang. I woke up the phone and then the app continued it's countdown untill it rang. Not too good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.