PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if you could not get on to Macrumors?

Macmaniac
May 22, 2002, 07:38 PM
Here is an interesting question for you What would you do if you could not get on to Macrumors? I know several of you seem to live here, what would you do if you were shut out from the Utopian world we know as Macrumors?

I would go crazy if I was banned form Macrumors.(of course you could make a new account but it would not be the same.)

AlphaTech
May 22, 2002, 07:48 PM
For me to go crazy would be a very short trip. :D... I would probably ride the Harley even more then I do now. I have already put almost 800 miles onto it, with projecting having close to 1000 by Tuesday.

I would also, most likely, get back into shooting competitions more.

teabgs
May 22, 2002, 07:49 PM
I'd cut myself off from humanity and move into a little stone cave in the woods and curl up into the fetal position. Then I'd repeatedly smack my head into the wall until I knocked myself unconcious(sp?). :eek:

mac15
May 22, 2002, 07:54 PM
I have no idea what I would do...it would be weird
I'm here everyday so It ould be wierd....I probably would post on spymac
cause iits just as interesting as it is here;)

Rower_CPU
May 22, 2002, 08:00 PM
I'd get work done. ;)

teabgs
May 22, 2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
I'd get work done. ;)

Well that's no fun!

SPG
May 22, 2002, 08:17 PM
Hmm, productivity would increase all around...maybe it's time to shut down macrumors! Shut down the internet! Shut down the TV stations! Burn the books! Burn! Burn! Burn!

Seriously though, I would just have a little more time to get work done and drink alittle more...

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
I'd get work done. ;)

he he he...I think I have to side with u on that one... ;)

britboy
May 22, 2002, 08:35 PM
I'd mourn the loss of a community where everyone encourages your to come and waste your time posting smilies just for the sake of increasing your post count ;)

It goes without saying, i'd have more time for my studies. Then again, what the heck. This is a free week for me!!! :D

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 12:09 AM
I'd struggle for a while, trying to figure out what happened. Then actually get some work done, not too exciting, sorry.

eyelikeart
May 23, 2002, 12:19 AM
"There would be a period of about 15 minutes where I'd be completely inconsolable...then I'd get over it" :D

Backtothemac
May 23, 2002, 12:33 AM
I would realize that there was actually a world outside of my Mac. I would spend 2,000 a month in phone bills keeping up with everyone here, and quite frankly, would get a second job to get the site back up.

This ship will never sink on my watch. ;)

BeerDrinker29
May 23, 2002, 01:05 AM
Uh, I'd just go somewhere else. As pointed out, there are other interesting places.. it just takes about a week, and then you would feel right at home at a new place. Not that I don't think MacRumors is great, but it's just a website :)

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 01:37 AM
i'd like to think i'd be more productive, but that's a joke. i'm just as bummy, no matter what it is that uses my time.

i'd live though. i lived before, right?

but i'd make sure duke held me to the project. i gotta do that.!

wsteineker
May 23, 2002, 03:54 AM
Well I'd like to think that I might start going to class, but I somehow doubt it. I think I've got a personality that's a bit too easily lent to addiction to make that a reality. It'd probably be something more like this:

After a brief but ugly period of heavy drinking and abusing low grade pharmaceuticals, I'd switch to harder drugs and posting on MacNN. Unable to find the satisfaction that I'd grown so accustomed to, I'd spend more and more feeding my new habits. Eventually selling my cube and peripherals to feed the addiction, I'd be left with nothing except a penchant for drinking Thunderbird out of a brown paper bag and sneaking into the public library around closing time to use the computers there. One night, after several bottles of apple wine and a little too much time on a pc, night security would find me lurking in the computer lab, stark naked and reading rumors of an Apple-branded PDA on Spymac. Obviously disgusted with my condition, the officers arrest me for public intoxication and indecent exposure. I'll spend 6 weeks in jail before dying in a horrific glue sniffing accident in a run down industrial park.

All that's to say that these forums HAVE to continue their role in my daily life. Macrumors is my Nancy Reagan, heping me to "just say no to drugs". Thank you all so much. ;)

Beej
May 23, 2002, 06:29 AM
It is highly likely I'd get much better grades at Uni. :D

Macmaniac
May 23, 2002, 07:31 AM
I would probably start doing school work again and studying.