Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Ok, this is driving me nuts. I haven't been able to find my ear buds for my iPhone for 3 weeks now. I want to buy a new set. Are the "OEM" ones on eBay that go for a third of the price really the same ones that Apple is selling for $30?

born4sky

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2008
I'd say it's not 1) because it's ebay 2) you get what you paid.

From my own experience, I bought once 'apple' headphones from ebay and they looked the same but the quality is awful

Dizle

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2008
The Beach
The OEM ones are deff not apple headphones, search forr "orignal iphone headphones" and you should find some. Still be carefull b/c people will try to sell you fake **** and still claim its apples.

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Thanks for the help, guys. I decided to just splurge. I ended up getting a Ultimate Ears Super.fi 4vi. It seems like after researching this topic a bit more, it was worth checking one of these higher priced ear buds.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
what really irks me is that before eboy, OEM USED to mean original, as in genuine parts. Now it's come to mean knock off. I don't know how this happened. I guess it's the same way people have come to refer to linking to a blog as "spam" and a temporarily disabled gadget as "bricked". The English language, in the hands of the internet, is going down the iTubes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.