Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrittQ

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2007
I'm thinking about buying Teleport. Can someone tell me if it is possible to access and listen to your music files located on your computer, when you are away from it?

Thanks.

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
I don't think so.

But there IS a program coming out soon. Which they stated the first 100K users that download it from the app store will get it free ($3.99 after that).

Simply media? I think that is the name.

Stream your itunes over anything to your iphone.

Bear Hunter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2008
I'm thinking about buying Teleport. Can someone tell me if it is possible to access and listen to your music files located on your computer, when you are away from it?

Thanks.

There is a neat little built in app native to your phone called "iPod". It has an orange icon...It works with itunes for the specific purpose of listening and watching media files and syncs them from your computer. If that doesn't answer the mail, try AOL Radio and Pandora. Teleport is not meant to stream media, it is a VNC app.

Donz0r

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2006
I don't think so.

But there IS a program coming out soon. Which they stated the first 100K users that download it from the app store will get it free ($3.99 after that).

Simply media? I think that is the name.

Stream your itunes over anything to your iphone.

Simplify Media will be coming to the iPhone within the next week, Free to the first 100,000 downloaders ($3.99 after that) just like you said.
This program looks hot!

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
Simplify Media will be coming to the iPhone within the next week, Free to the first 100,000 downloaders ($3.99 after that) just like you said.
This program looks hot!

I've been streaming Pandora while driving. Now Simplify media next.

Music overload! :eek::)

Bear Hunter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2008
I suppose if your music/video library is too large to sync, there would be a need for this.

How does Simply Media connect over 3G/external WiFi (I can't see it being too effective over Edge?)

notnek

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
There is a neat little built in app native to your phone called "iPod". It has an orange icon...It works with itunes for the specific purpose of listening and watching media files and syncs them from your computer. If that doesn't answer the mail, try AOL Radio and Pandora.

1) I've got too much music to decide on a slim selection to be synced.
2) Pandora and AOL don't give me a choice of specific song to listen to.
3) Put your sarcasm aside and a) just leave your teleport comment and that's it, or b) don't post, because the OP had a simple question. Not a call for your sarcasm.

Bear Hunter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2008
1) I've got too much music to decide on a slim selection to be synced.
2) Pandora and AOL don't give me a choice of specific song to listen to.
3) Put your sarcasm aside and a) just leave your teleport comment and that's it, or b) don't post, because the OP had a simple question. Not a call for your sarcasm.

Already acknowledged... My tongue and cheek remarks do not translate well over the internet.

rizajj

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2008
I actually asked the developer of Teleport if it could stream sound from the PC to the iPhone. He said it could not.

If you are looking to access your music library from afar, look no further than Simplify Media. I've been using the beta for a few weeks and it's the best app yet. Get it as soon as it comes out in the app store (end of this week supposedly)

BrittQ

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2007
There is a neat little built in app native to your phone called "iPod". It has an orange icon...It works with itunes for the specific purpose of listening and watching media files and syncs them from your computer. If that doesn't answer the mail, try AOL Radio and Pandora. Teleport is not meant to stream media, it is a VNC app.

Please go back to school and sharpen your reading comprehension skills. Thanks.

BrittQ

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2007
I comprehend just fine, VNC is not meant to stream media. Sorry if your feelings got hurt.

I'm done with you.
_

Simplify Media looks great. I will definitely be getting it. Now if only XM would come out with an app...

Eric Isaacson

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
This program looks hot!

Do you know if Simplify Media will be available for the Touch?

Eric

jalpert

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
It is 100% possible to listen to your entire library from your computer on your iphone for FREE. Install orb, and tell orb where your mp3's are. There is no orb client for the iphone, but you can go to mycast.orb.com in safari and start playing music. I have uxm and usirius and I use orb to stream sirius and xm radio to my iphone. Not sure about video, but mp3's and satelite radio work great. Let me know if you want more information.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.