PDA

View Full Version : Who would you choose...?


teabgs
May 22, 2002, 08:33 PM
If you were going to be stranded on a desert island and had to pick one person from macrumors to be with you who would you pick?

I'd probably go with either Alpha or Mischief cause they seem like they know their way around the wilderness and can keep their cool when the going gets rough.

mac15
May 22, 2002, 08:35 PM
I would take my mac instead:D
its a very hard choice but proabably a chick of here

britboy
May 22, 2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by teabgs
I'd probably go with either Alpha or Mischief cause they seem like they know their way around the wilderness and can keep their cool when the going gets rough.

If i was stuck on a desert island, i wouldn't be worried about having a partner with a sense of direction. I'm sure we'd have all the time in the world to orientate ourselves.

With that in mind, i'd take Cleo :D

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 08:39 PM
dude....mac15....that avatar is killer! :D

who would I take?

I have no clue...I'll have to think about this for a while...

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by britboy

With that in mind, i'd take Cleo :D

u know...I was going to answer her...but I couldn't give a good enough reason other than she's female & seems hella interesting... ;)

britboy
May 22, 2002, 08:42 PM
Do you need any other reason?

cleo
May 22, 2002, 08:46 PM
if only I could get a woman to talk that way about me... :)

I'd have to take... agreenster (to keep my wit sharp)... or macette (obvious reasons :))... or... I'm gonna stop there, before this turns into a "who would you like to meet" thread. :D

(I'd take my iBook and thus all of you! :))

teabgs
May 22, 2002, 08:46 PM
I had a feeling Cleo would win...I instinctively thought of her but then I realized I was being a geek and just picking her cause shes a chick.

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by teabgs
I had a feeling Cleo would win...I instinctively thought of her but then I realized I was being a geek and just picking her cause shes a chick.

u are a regular here and u are worried about looking like a geek for opting to choose a female to take with u on a deserted island?!

ha ha ha!!!!! :D

that's funny...sorry....but it is.... ;)

teabgs
May 22, 2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart


u are a regular here and u are worried about looking like a geek for opting to choose a female to take with u on a deserted island?!

ha ha ha!!!!! :D

that's funny...sorry....but it is.... ;)

I guess you've got a point there....hmm...I guess I'm a Geek if I do, geek if I don't

All hail me, the most geek-conscious member of macrumors :p

cleo
May 22, 2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by teabgs
I had a feeling Cleo would win...I instinctively thought of her but then I realized I was being a geek and just picking her cause shes a chick.

What an honor... I think... ::scratches head::

Now, you boys all realize that even if I was stranded on an island with you, you still wouldn't have a chance, right? :D

Rower_CPU
May 22, 2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by cleo
What an honor... I think... ::scratches head::

Now, you boys all realize that even if I was stranded on an island with you, you still wouldn't have a chance, right? :D

Too funny! :D

I would have to bring my girlfriend with me. No offense to anyone here, but I'd much prefer to be with someone I've known for 5 years than someone I barely know through a website.

Priorities, my friends. Priorities. ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 10:53 PM
You guys are missing something, if I was stranded on a island, I'd take Miss MacRumors 2002, just don't tell my wife.:D

But if I could take someone else outside of MacRumors it would be my wife.

Rower_CPU
May 22, 2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
You guys are missing something, if I was stranded on a island, I'd take Miss MacRumors 2002, just don't tell my wife.:D

But if I could take someone else outside of MacRumors it would be my wife.

Hey, who won that one? Wasn't it Jessica Alba?

Nothing formal was ever announced. :(

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
But if I could take someone else outside of MacRumors it would be my wife.

I'm not sure who won...

but mymemory would have to fight me for Sarah Michelle Gellar...he he he :D

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

but mymemory would have to fight me for Sarah Michelle Gellar...he he he :D

It was stated that it had to be someone on MacRumors, so I was trying to keep with the idea. Since the only women on the stie that I know would only end up frustrating me, I had to find a solution.

No offense to the Power Dykes, but you'd probably be just as frustrated.

Which brings up a good question, where are all the straight women? There have to be some, right?

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet

Which brings up a good question, where are all the straight women? There have to be some, right?

I think they are the ones calling us geeks & b*tching about us ignoring them for the website... :rolleyes:

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart


I think they are the ones calling us geeks & b*tching about us ignoring them for the website... :rolleyes:

True, I get that at home with my wife sometimes. But there have to be a few women out on the boards who are hetero, not that there's anything wrong with that.....

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet


True, I get that at home with my wife sometimes. But there have to be a few women out on the boards who are hetero, not that there's anything wrong with that.....

I agree...

I have 2 female friends who own Macs...

one a G4 tower....who's giving it up to use her husband's Dell...

the other a TiBook...which she has seriously ********* up somehow and it needs to be sent back to Apple.....but an incredible photographer! ;)

I'd recruit either of them....but they wouldn't be active...I know already...

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 01:01 AM
i'd bring... krossfyter. he's a freak and he'd make me laugh. and then we'd both die. so who needs much more than that.

my girlfriend would be better, but i don't imagine she's been posting on here... hmm

britboy
May 23, 2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by cleo
Now, you boys all realize that even if I was stranded on an island with you, you still wouldn't have a chance, right? :D

So? I'd much rather not stand a chance with you than.... well, i'm sure you can guess :D

cleo
May 23, 2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by britboy


So? I'd much rather not stand a chance with you than.... well, i'm sure you can guess :D

LOL. BTW, what did you get the Beej award for?

mischief
May 23, 2002, 06:35 PM
Though I'm sure Alpha and I have the same question:

Stuck with what tools/equipment?:D

If we're talkin' a cargo container with 2 powerbook Ti's, a rack full of Xserves, a crate of SW, Power gen. gear and a Satellite uplink.............

I'd just have to choose Dukestreet and set in motion the Universal Credit world-domination-from-a-desert-island schtick.:D

britboy
May 23, 2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by cleo


LOL. BTW, what did you get the Beej award for?

That was for the 'tar. How's yours coming along?

cleo
May 23, 2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by britboy


That was for the 'tar. How's yours coming along?

Finished. Actually, a whole series of 'em. These last 5 posts are killing me, though... 15 more minutes?

britboy
May 23, 2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by cleo


Finished. Actually, a whole series of 'em. These last 5 posts are killing me, though... 15 more minutes?

C'mon, just one more :) Make yourself a new thread or something, be gratuitous!

cleo
May 23, 2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by britboy


C'mon, just one more :) Make yourself a new thread or something, be gratuitous!

Well, if you insist... :D Avatar thread forthcoming.

Beej
May 23, 2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by britboy
That was for the 'tar. How's yours coming along? Eh? You are mistaken, my friend! I gave you the award to go along with the new 'tar, not for it! It was for the 'k' sounding like a 'c' and it was 'cilling' you post! Ahhhhh! That still cracks me up. I guess no one else thought it was funny. Oh well, I only give these awards out for my own entertainment... :D

britboy
May 23, 2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Beej
Eh? You are mistaken, my friend! I gave you the award to go along with the new 'tar, not for it! It was for the 'k' sounding like a 'c' and it was 'cilling' you post! Ahhhhh! That still cracks me up. I guess no one else thought it was funny. Oh well, I only give these awards out for my own entertainment... :D

Woops, my bad :) Whatever it was for, thanks!