Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theironist08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Dublin,Ireland
hey so i think ive finally decided on a pair of earphones for my iphone... anyone have these? how effective is the noise cancellation??

Edit: also how do u make the title bold because clearly my way didnt work :(:confused:

Dizle

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2008
The Beach
I got a pair of these from whiskeymilitia.com for under $40 and their awesome. Music is sooo much crisper and more base than the Apple ones and since they go inside you ear more they cancel out noise very well. I use them for running 4 times a week and they dont fall out or anything and think they have a life time warranty. Only thing I do not like is the volume control b/c I dont use it and the cord is longer than the Apple ones so thats kind of a pain. But still worth it for the $40 i payed. I got the ones with the 11mm drivers

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
I got a pair of these from whiskeymilitia.com for under $40 and their awesome. Music is sooo much crisper and more base than the Apple ones and since they go inside you ear more they cancel out noise very well. I use them for running 4 times a week and they dont fall out or anything and think they have a life time warranty. Only thing I do not like is the volume control b/c I dont use it and the cord is longer than the Apple ones so thats kind of a pain. But still worth it for the $40 i payed. I got the ones with the 11mm drivers

its bass, not base, just so you know :)

i had these, paid $80 (don't know how this guy got them for $40, but lucky him)
they sound great, and if you use the comply foam tips they have great noise canceling. the rubber tips don't cancel noise very much, but in some cases that could be good. so it's handy to have both options
i, however, found them very uncomfortable, and they don't stay in my ears very well. but everyones ears are different, so you might get different results.
the lifetime replacement guarantee is great. i broke them twice and even though it was my fault i got them replaced for free.

however, if you can go without the mic, i suggest Bose in ear headphones. most comfortable ones ive ever used, and they sound amazing. twice as good as these easily

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.