Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dork420

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2007
Hello

I just received the hard version of Aperture 2.1 through my University. They told be to uninstall the trail and reload Aperture from the disc.

What will happen to my current Aperture library?
When I install will it create a new library? Can I move my old library into it? Should I use something like appzapper to clear everything else first to avoid duplicated files?

I'm totally confused.
Thanks

Jan 30, 2006
Just introduce the serial number. No need to re-install everything.

When opening Aperture it would give you the option to introduce the serial number.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
If you are installing the same version of Aperture over top of the trial version all that matters is the serial number. If you are also upgrading the version then run the install program.

But always the first step before doing anything is to make sure you have at least two good backup copies of your data.

dork420

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2007
If you are installing the same version of Aperture over top of the trial version all that matters is the serial number. If you are also upgrading the version then run the install program.

But always the first step before doing anything is to make sure you have at least two good backup copies of your data.

So there is no difference between the trial and full version? My trial version is 2.1 so I should just update the serial I guess. I don't have an older version of Aperture either.
There is no advantage to deleting and reinstalling?
Will my library change from "trial library" to a regular library?

Thanks again to all you guys that have once again answered my questions.

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
So there is no difference between the trial and full version? My trial version is 2.1 so I should just update the serial I guess. I don't have an older version of Aperture either.
There is no advantage to deleting and reinstalling?
Will my library change from "trial library" to a regular library?

Thanks again to all you guys that have once again answered my questions.

No difference. All you need is that license number. Backup your data, then give it the license.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.