Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nottooshabby

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I called my credit union to get their swift code and they just told me to use the routing number. I told them it asks for both and they said that's only for international wires. I'm in the US, so what do I need to give apple? Do I need to get a seperate "swift" code. THis is the last thing to submit and then I am finished with my first app...:)

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Just the routing number. The only reason they may want the swift code is if your app will be sold internationally, then Apple needs a way to send the money to you from the other country.

TEG

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
After you wait 3 weeks for your contracts to be approved...

And another 5+ days to have your App go into the store after being declared "Ready for Sale" (at least, that's how long my apps are taking, I seem to be in the minority though.)

nottooshabby

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
And another 5+ days to have your App go into the store after being declared "Ready for Sale" (at least, that's how long my apps are taking, I seem to be in the minority though.)

argh. It's not taking not putting in a swift code....I tried putting in the routing number, that doesn't work either.

EDIT: I emailed apple and they are saying you have to bank with some national bank that uses the swift system. Credit unions do not...great... now I need a new bank.

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
argh. It's not taking not putting in a swift code....I tried putting in the routing number, that doesn't work either.

EDIT: I emailed apple and they are saying you have to bank with some national bank that uses the swift system. Credit unions do not...great... now I need a new bank.

Go here: http://www.swift.com/bsl/freequery.do

Use the "Search by institution, country and city"

Look up your bank and see if it has a swift number.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007

I work at a credit union. But in the major banks Swift code yours gave you. They will know to re-route it to you and your credit union because of the account number. My account (and I work at) Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union in Maryland, but my Swift code is tied to an M&T in New York.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.