mac15
May 22, 2002, 08:37 PM
Well this is a change a new tar
I would like to thank dukestreet on this he inspired me
he said just go for it and do it and well I did it
24 frames on animation.....enjoy

britboy
May 22, 2002, 08:40 PM
It's really good, but could you make it repeat a little less quickly?

Have you seen the trailer for the new bond film? I love that opening shot with what initially looks like sand-dunes!

mac15
May 22, 2002, 08:41 PM
it is a bit fast
give me time....and it will be fixed

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 08:42 PM
I've already commented on it...

but now that britboy mentioned it...it could be a few frames slower... ;)

still...excellent work! :D

teabgs
May 22, 2002, 08:51 PM
first off...it rocks. With that said, double each frame. So if there are 24 frames total in it...make each one 2 frames long which makes it 48 frames.

You'll find it to be a lot smoother and more natural....plus more pleasing to the eye.

Also, I'd like it to hold on the last frame with the blood for about 6 frames.

britboy
May 22, 2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by teabgs
first off...it rocks. With that said, double each frame. So if there are 24 frames total in it...make each one 2 frames long which makes it 48 frames.

You'll find it to be a lot smoother and more natural....plus more pleasing to the eye.

Also, I'd like it to hold on the last frame with the blood for about 6 frames.

In imageready (which i'm assuming mac15 has) you can set the time allowed for each individual frame.

mac15
May 22, 2002, 09:00 PM
I did that but the file is to big, You can only have 20k or smaller files for your tars ........for 48 frames it around 30k.....but when I changed it about 35 frames and slowed it down it went to around 19k,which is good
it should be a little slower now...so enjoy

teabgs
May 22, 2002, 09:05 PM
BRAVO! much better....one suggestion: Make the opening part faster (how it was origionally) then the walk is perfect...have the blood hold when it's all red for a few extra frames that you get from the beginning being fast....this way it doesnt repeat so fast

3rdpath
May 22, 2002, 11:02 PM
mac15, you are one talented dude.

too bad theres not a way to add a little musical underscore to it.

mac15
May 22, 2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by 3rdpath
mac15, you are one talented dude.

too bad theres not a way to add a little musical underscore to it.

thank you very much,
I like making em now, it's turned into a hobby

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 11:09 PM
Nice job, glad I inspired you.

You might want to try making the border transparent or at least a gray thats closer to the colors on the pages in the threads. Try that and see how it goes.

Glad you realized the constraint issues. I've had to deal with those for all the larger animated gifs I've done. One way to reduce the size is to reduce the nubmer of colors, that way you can add more frames.

Go to the color picker in Image Ready and select the option tab and pick 'Sort colors by popularity'. Then selelct the bottom half of the colors and delelte them. It should give you 5 - 10 frames extra of animation and still look good.

mac15
May 22, 2002, 11:24 PM
it fully fixed now...it has the delay and the walk and point and shoot are even better....
dukestreet I will try that, to make it look better

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by mac15
it fully fixed now...it has the delay and the walk and point and shoot are even better....

dude that rocks!!! :D

u should really keep this one for a while...give it some time to sink in with the rest of everyone... ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by mac15

But if you do, you might want to remove the white on the background and then select that layer in Image Ready and Stroke it 1 or 2 pixels, to get a smooth edge. You'll be happy with the results.

Ensign Paris
May 23, 2002, 03:58 AM
Very Impressive, now I no I have to redo mine, I like James Bond but Star Wars is better :)

Ensign

edesignuk
May 23, 2002, 05:20 AM
That is the nutz of a tar! I love bond :D Very cool.

teabgs
May 23, 2002, 03:52 PM
I'll have to say that I'm impressed. Looks great now! leave it up for a while...until I get to 500 and have a cooler 'tar hehehe :D