Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

transworld

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
I have several macs that were all connected to a server running through a windows computer up until a week a go. Three of them have lost their info that automatically connected them to the server, one was due to having to reinstall the operating system, the other two... who knows what happened... I need them coonected to the server so I can do my work. When I click on the network alias connection on the left hand side of the finder window, it opens a SMB/CIFS File System Authentication and it asks me to enter the info for the workgroup or domain, the name, and the password. I enter all the info and it opens an error window saying the alias could not be opened because the original item could not be forund and it gives me the options for "delete alias", "fix alias" and "ok". I click fix alias, and it won't let me choos the alias from the network section, it completey grayed out. What can I do to fix this?!? I have work due by fri and if I can't connect to the server, I can't get my project finished!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.