Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
If you had been with this other company, you could very well have been SoL.
Please note that Apple makes no promises regarding data integrity or availability, either. It's unwise to rely upon MobileMe.

(My MM data is backed up elsewhere. If MM decides to lose or scramble my data, I can still restore/access them, although, perhaps, not as easily.)

jc1350

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Mine was a tongue-in-cheek comment. While I use on-line services and web space like MobileMe and GoDaddy's webhosting, I don't rely on them for backups of any kind.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
absurd logic. How abut not using any of these, including MM?

Yahoo is free with unlimited space, google is free, AOL is free.

jc1350

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
absurd logic. How abut not using any of these, including MM?

Yahoo is free with unlimited space, google is free, AOL is free.

I didn't know Yahoo and Google offer webhosting (for free even), easy data syncing between multiple computers and iPhone, an on-line file storage like idisk.

Now, google does have Picasa Web Albums that is similar to Photo Gallery and AOL does have X-Drive that is similar to iDisk. But for an all-in-one, you're not going to get it anywhere other than Apple at this time.

I'd use MM for email if they would allow me to use my already existing personal domain (as I currently have setup with google).

I must be very lucky for once. The email outage the other day was the first time I had problems with MM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.