Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skunk

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
Is everybody else's .mac Mail back up? Mine has been out of action for over a day now. Anyone else still offline? Nobody seems to be moaning any longer. I can get in through the web, but it's both slow and unsatisfactory.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
You mean MobileMe? ;)

Works fine for me. Online access to me.com isn't slow, loads almost right away, but takes about 5 seconds to actually sort out the page. I'd assume that was a Safari issue.

rushmere

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2006
New Zealand
I've just Quit and restarted Mail, and now it's finally up again. What a pain in the arse that was.

My email had been unavailable for over a day too. I just followed your example of restarting Mail and got the same result - it's now working!

I was happy with .mac, but I'm fast losing patience with MobileMe.

kntgsp

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
You mean MobileMe? ;)

Worst product name EVAR.

Are new addresses assigned as "johndoe"@me.com? Is it still possible to register @mac.com?

Anywho, yea I've had trouble with my .mac account ever since the stupid Me crap started. I lost all mail older than 8 months for some reason.

Rivix

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2005
Nope, I don't think mail is working for me. I can receive, but not send. The server times out... But it works on my iPod.

Cadium

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2008
Nope, I don't think mail is working for me. I can receive, but not send. The server times out... But it works on my iPod.
Have you checked the outgoing server settings and ensured that the outgoing server port is set to "587"? By default, the port number is 25 which is blocked by some internet service providers.

ghostwriter

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2006
Rocky Mountains U.S.A.
I'm a long time .mac customer. MobileMe has not impressed me. My email has been flaky ever since the migration. Connects, doesnt connect, extended logon times. Not typical of Apple. I wonder why MobileMe implementation has been so problematic?

Rivix

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2005
Have you checked the outgoing server settings and ensured that the outgoing server port is set to "587"? By default, the port number is 25 which is blocked by some internet service providers.

That did help, thanks. I would have never been able to fix that on my own.

mili2q

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2008
my patience is seriously wearing thin. i am trying to email the big HR bosses in financial institutions here in Germany and mac mail has already sent 6 of the same emails to the one person - NOT PROFESSIONAL!!!
i have tried quitting/restarting mail, restarting my laptop, running software updates, even just using mac mail thru safari is not working. ANY SUGGESTIONS! please im getting really frustrated now as these emails should have gone out yesterday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.