PDA

View Full Version : How do I downgrade from 2.0.1 to 1.1.4 or 5

ncsimmons03
Aug 12, 2008, 03:44 PM
First off I have given 2.0 a couple of weeks and I miss a few of the apps that I had available on the older firmware so I want to go back. I have tried downgrading to itunes on my macbook to 7.5 and 7.6.2 so I can go back to the older firmware but I continue to get error messages and the only thing I can restore to is 2.0. Is there something I am doing wrong. I have the 1.1.4 file on my drive and I restore from that using the hold option click restore instructions I have read. If anyone can help or guide me in the right direction I would really appreciate it because I'm getting really irritated by my own incompetence. Thanks in advance.

itzdemo
Aug 13, 2008, 12:42 AM
First off I have given 2.0 a couple of weeks and I miss a few of the apps that I had available on the older firmware so I want to go back. I have tried downgrading to itunes on my macbook to 7.5 and 7.6.2 so I can go back to the older firmware but I continue to get error messages and the only thing I can restore to is 2.0. Is there something I am doing wrong. I have the 1.1.4 file on my drive and I restore from that using the hold option click restore instructions I have read. If anyone can help or guide me in the right direction I would really appreciate it because I'm getting really irritated by my own incompetence. Thanks in advance.

to do this you got to downgrade the bootloader as well as the firmware.

i got mine back to 1.1.4 once without the messing with the bootloader. but it was so buggy nothing would work the same.

everything you will need to know is here!

http://sleepers.net/news/guides/20-to-114-downgrade/

hope this is what your looking for :)