Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freis968

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2007
Ocoee, Florida
As of yesterday I had 341 days left in my MobileMe Account. I just checked and now I have 371 Days. So, my FREE month or 30 days has been added to my account.

Anyone else?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 87

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
I really don't get how Apple is applying this free month.

Mine expires in 331 days, yet I have had no extension.

Logically, I should have got it before you (if what Apple said was to be trusted).

EDIT: Should add that I never got the apology e-mail.

Attachments

• mexpiry.png
    mexpiry.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 91

Freis968

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2007
Ocoee, Florida
Well, don't feel bad, I never received either email from Apple in regard to an apology or about receiving a free month. Now my friend who is a .Mac/MobileMe subscriber had not renewed his account yet, as it did not expire until December of this year, received both emails! I upgraded before him and even downloaded all the MobileMe updates and he didn't and he got those two emails from Apple.

I guess this is why I got my free month before him.

Ah, who knows what they are doing over there at Apple anymore.

Freis968

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2007
Ocoee, Florida
I just went into MobileMe account info to change my iDisk vs Mail settings...I realized I had my mail set too high and I noticed this.

Check out the picture.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 389

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
I just went into MobileMe account info to change my iDisk vs Mail settings...I realized I had my mail set too hight and I noticed this.

Check out the picture.

Now that is an interesting find.

I hadn't seen anyone post this before, I just assumed that it was done silently.

Anybody else seen this in their account?

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Never received an email but my account now has the 30 days added to it.

Zengrok

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
I never got an email but got my free month when I had the 90 day trial active. Although, as soon as I paid for the service, I lost the 90 day trial AND free month. My account expires exactly 1 year from the first day I signed up for the trial.

Personally, I think that's pretty low class on Apple's part.

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
I never got an email but got my free month when I had the 90 day trial active. Although, as soon as I paid for the service, I lost the 90 day trial AND free month. My account expires exactly 1 year from the first day I signed up for the trial.

The trial is 60 days. So if you had a 90 day trial they gave you 30 days extra (like they said they would).

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006

or pretty dumb on yours?

If you have a free trial, that allows full access, you don't pay until it's up :rolleyes:

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA

If I am reading this correctly, if you started your trial on July 15 and you ended the trial on Sep 15 (only use 60 days) then your annual renewal would be July 15, 2009. Meaning your new subscription is for only 10 months?

So the free trial is really just a "delay" in paying your subscription (assuming you decide to become a subscriber). The start date is the day your started your trial, no matter when you actually start the subscription.

So if you are going to subscribe (for sure) then it really does not matter when you activate.

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
I believe that everybody will be receiving a free month for the inconveniences at launch, and just as they had the launch problems, they are probably having issues giving everybody a free month.

mwp98223

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2007
Conway Washington
Now that is an interesting find.

I hadn't seen anyone post this before, I just assumed that it was done silently.

Anybody else seen this in their account?

Yes. I just checked and I have the same. It shows July 17 and (30 days free) when my previous renewal date was in June.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Same here, mine was ending Sept 30th. Now it says expiration date Oct 31st (30 days free).

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
I Have 30 days left on my free trial (Looks like it started the trial again when upgrading to MobileMe, i started the trial probably about june 25th, the day i got my MBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.