Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sovirush

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
Hey guys,

I recently bought a new macbook along with logic express and a duet interface system.
Before I bought logic express, I was playing my guitar through garageband with no problems whatsoever, but now that I have logic it doesn't seem to work. I think it's some box I haven't checked yet or something similarly small, because it shows that logic is picking up the sound based on the fact that the levels increase based on how hard I pluck a string. However, when I go to play it back, nothing is there.

I just though I'd ask on here, can anyone tell me the start-up steps for using duet in logic?

Thanks

stomplex

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2008
Pacific Coast
I don't run Logic but I ran into a similar issue over the weekend. You see the meters but no sound.

Bare with me because I don't have the software in front of me right now but check this:

In the Maestro interface, you see the mixer which has the input/output and master slider levels - toward the right hand bottom corner there is a box where you select, I believe, something like output. One of the choices is "None" - I think that tells the Duet to let your computer and the application handle the output and one of the other choices is something like "L/R" which designates the Duet as the output.

Check that. It ended up being my problem. Also check that your app is routing it's audio through the Duet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.