Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gators2281

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2008
i didn't know where to post this but my pms and inbox got deleted. i would have spent a pm to a mod but obviously that's not possible so i figured i'd post in here. if a mod could help me out that would be great. thanks.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I couldn't find any info/announcements about it but I almost wonder if newbies with under a certain amount of posts have had their PM's restricted because of previous spam attacks.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Now that I've caught my breath from laughing, could you please capitalize PMs thusly?

Thanks.

P.S. this should probably go under 'Site and Forum Feedback'.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
You need at least 5 posts to be able to send/receive PMs.

According to this
MacRumors FAQ said:
If you posted to a thread that was moved to the Wasteland or deleted, those posts will be removed from your total.
Posts made to the Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum, the Console Games forum, and the Marketplace forum are not included either.
Individual posts deleted by moderators are also excluded from your post count.
most of your posts don't count. Your official post count is 3.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Yes, PMs have been disabled for users with fewer than five posts. Because of problems caused by Internet advertisers, spammers, and bots that misuse our Private Message system, we have had to curtail the use of Private Messages by members who do not post in the forums. As mentioned, you can read about the Private Message requirements here.

Members can obviously get past this inconvenience simply by participating in some of our discussion threads. There are thousands of posts in our forums each day, so they should have no trouble finding a topic or two of interest that will get them over that five-post hump.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.