Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Packersfan27

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Hi,

Everytime i restore my ipod touch (whether it be for an update or a normal restore) I get an error message, usually error 13. Every single time and it makes my ipod unusable. The only was i can fix it is by restoring on another computer. Since the only way to fix the error is to restore on another computer, I think it might be my computer. But what could be wrong with my computer? If it's my ipod should i send it in or take it back?

Thanks

LtRammstein

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2006
Denver, CO
It's hard to tell. If you give us a bit more info on what your computer is (PC or Mac), the OS, iTunes version, we might be able to help.

From what I've seen is that it could be your cable and not your computer (unless you use the same cable).

I recommend signing up for a Genius Bar appointment and having them take a look at it. They might get you a free one. :D

Packersfan27

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Thanks,

I'm using a PC, windows xp and have the latest version of itunes. I would do that but up here in Maine we have no apple store :(.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.