Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnrs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Nottingham - UK
Hi

Sorry if this has been covered but I am struggling to find either a post or program to do what I want. I have seen programs that allow you to copy music or video off your iPod Touch but cannot seem to find a program that will allow you to add music or video to your iPod touch with out using iTunes

If anyone knows of a windows based program that will allow me to to do this I would be grateful

Thanks in advance..

01jamcon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2006
London
Firstly, why would you even want to do that? Surely iTunes works well enough, unless you're not allowed iTunes at work or something, or your stuck in the drag and drop camp.

Secondly, there's probably no programs that can do this because of the lack of enabling the touch as a hard drive that can appear on the desktop, therefore, the way other programs could work with older iPods is no longer allowed.

johnrs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Nottingham - UK
Quite simple really..

Going on this week and the 2 of my kids have iPod Touches but they are synced to their PC. I am taking my laptop and to save the hassle of syncing to my laptop, losing all their songs etc just so that they can swap movies seems like a lot of hard work. I have checked out media monkey and while that sees the music it wont see movies.

But if there is no program then they will have to do it the long way

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.