PDA

View Full Version : macbook connect to external display

FuuFuu
Aug 13, 2008, 12:22 PM
i apologize in advance if this topic has come up, if it has please post the link.

i'm aware that the macbook can be connected to the apple cinema displays except the 30 inch one. i'm not sure the reason which is why i'm asking this quesiton.

even though it cannot connect to the 30 inch apple cinema display, can it connect to a 30 inch display from another company?

thank you :)

TEG
Aug 13, 2008, 12:28 PM
It depends on the resolution of the display and whether it requires Dual-Link DVI, which the MacBook does not output.

TEG

FuuFuu
Aug 13, 2008, 12:45 PM
It depends on the resolution of the display and whether it requires Dual-Link DVI, which the MacBook does not output.

TEG

would you say its highly unlikely for a macbook to be able to display on a 30 inch?

TEG
Aug 13, 2008, 12:53 PM
It is unlikely, but you can technically use a 64" HDTV, because of the resolution. So long as display doesn't require Dual-Link DVI you should be fine.

TEG

aethelbert
Aug 13, 2008, 01:13 PM
If it can connect to a display using either standard DVI or VGA, it will work. The resolution may not by the screen's native one, but it will output something. You could output to a 75" television if you wanted to, but you wouldn't be getting super resolution.