PDA

View Full Version : Apple's Unlikely Guardian Angel (Microsoft)

MacBytes
Jan 8, 2004, 01:24 PM
Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Apple's Unlikely Guardian Angel (Microsoft) (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040108142451)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

mrsebastian
Jan 8, 2004, 03:24 PM
i don't buy it. if anyone was apples saving grace during the dark times, then i'd think it's adobe. seems to me for a while it was the artist community who kept apple alive and quite frankly didn't a [bleep] about m$ or office. adobe, macromedia, and a few others stuck with it, because that's what their customers are working on.

ShadowHunter
Jan 8, 2004, 03:30 PM
Unfortunately this is true. At one point, MS just needed Apple to keep the monopoly folks off their back (it didnt help much, obviously), so they keep supporting them.

Microsoft is huge, its nothing for them to throw a few bones Apple's way so they can go "see, see we support the little guy. we're not a big evil empire."

applemacdude
Jan 8, 2004, 07:51 PM
Without Microsoft and Adobe, Apple would have gone out of business years ago. If Microsoft would have canceled their Office suite during 1997 Apple would have been a thing of the past and all these revloutionary products that have come out during the years would have not existed...

Bunzi2k4
Jan 8, 2004, 08:53 PM
if M$ didn't make office for the mac, Apple would have made their own office compatable program. it would be just like office, with an apple touch. but that's just me.

applemacdude
Jan 8, 2004, 08:59 PM
But if an average consumer doesnt see office available on a computer then they wont switch..

1macker1
Jan 9, 2004, 10:27 AM
The truth shall set you free!!!

1macker1
Jan 9, 2004, 10:28 AM
appleworks?

Originally posted by Bunzi2k4
if M$ didn't make office for the mac, Apple would have made their own office compatable program. it would be just like office, with an apple touch. but that's just me.

edesignuk
Jan 9, 2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Bunzi2k4
Maybe, but no one would want it. Like it or not MS Office is a global standard. The Mac needs MS Office.