Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soundhound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
I can't find any function for that. Is it something simple? Is is the same for any app? (I hope I hope)

thanks

transam7816

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2008
if the app is from the app store just hold any app down until the icons start to wiggle. they will then show up with a little x. you can press that and delete it. if it's an app from either cydia or installer you would have to go through that app and uninstall from there.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Depends on what you mean by "Delete".

To remove from the phone, hold the icon until they wiggle, then tap the "x".
To no longer sync to the phone, in iTunes->Phone->Applications, select only the Apps you want.
To remove from the computer go to iTunes->Applications, select the app, then tap delete.

TEG

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Do the third option I listed, then resync the phone. If you right-click on it first and reveal in Finder/Explorer and throwaway any remaining copies after deletion in iTunes, you should be all set.

Done

TEG

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
I don't understand. I wiped out my itunes mobile applications apps. But they still show up in iTunes under 'applications'. How do I remove them all from there?

chanatown

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2008
I don't understand. I wiped out my itunes mobile applications apps. But they still show up in iTunes under 'applications'. How do I remove them all from there?

Press delete from this menu, and iTunes will prompt you if you're sure you want to remove the app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.