PDA

View Full Version : Macs and Love

Backtothemac
May 23, 2002, 09:21 AM
In classic Jefhatfield style here is another Macs and...... thread. This one should be interesting if we can light the fire so to speak :p

Anyway, do you love your Mac? Has your Mac given you a better love life. Do people look at you and say, OMG they have a Mac, and then melt in your arms? Do you have an iBrator :D ? Would you like an iBrator :D :cool: :p ?

In the words of Barry White.....

"Lets get it on...."

[edit: for stupid, brief mental illness]

Mr. Anderson
May 23, 2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
In classic Dukestreet style here is another Macs and...... thread. This one should be interesting if we can light the fire so to speak :p

I might have suggested the thread, but give jefhatfield credit for the theme, he's the man who started it all.

But, yes, I have to say I love my mac, no doubt about it. Its one of the nice things about all the Apple computers, you can form an emotional attachment to them, something I would have a hard time doing with a pc.

While not cudly, they are a very strong presence, hard to describe correctly. But if I bring friends over to my house for the first time the introductions usually go this is my wife, this is my dog, this is my Mac....

Geek, yes, and I'm damn proud of it!

give myself a digit (http://www.dukestreet.com/digit.mov) :D

Ensign Paris
May 23, 2002, 09:28 AM
I would not say I love my Mac, but I would say I love the hobbie of the Mac Cult as I love the F1 cult and the student life!

Ensign

wsteineker
May 23, 2002, 09:32 AM
I think it's safe to say that I love my Mac. I've got a Cube, and it's the most beautiful machine I've ever encountered. His name is Winston, and he keeps me from my girlfriend. I find that I obsess over his health, constantly trying to keep him in peak physical condition. My girlfriend says that I care about the damned machine more than her. She's only about half right. So that's it. I love Winston, my girlfriend doesn't. I guess she'll have to learn to deal with sharing me or find a new boyfriend. ;)

As for the iBrator, I've not been so lucky. I did just get some Soundsticks, and as has been pointed out before, they bear a stark resemblance to two phalluses and a womb. Was the language PG enough?

jelloshotsrule
May 23, 2002, 10:07 AM
a family friend came over recently for dinner. he saw the new imac in our den and asked about it... man, i felt the love then. "is that the whole computer??" in an impressed voice....

also back-dawg.... it's bArry white!!! not berry... haha.

blueberry white.

Backtothemac
May 23, 2002, 10:31 AM
Well, personally, I love my Mac's. I have not gone as far as to name them, but I am sure that when I get my first PowerMac, I will. I understand what you mean Duke about introductions. One of the first things that I do when I meet someone is discover what system they use. If they are a PC person, I make sure that the first time they come over that I have both Mac on, with one burning CD's and the other doing video work. I will say, you guys hang out while I edit this movie real quick. The computer is in the living room, so they can see the speed and easy of it, and by the time they leave.... They are in love with the Mac.

eyelikeart
May 23, 2002, 10:46 AM
well I've never been caught in an intimiate moment with any of the Macs I use....but I do talk to them...mostly the G4 tower at work in particular..

if u think about it...for those who spend the majority of their day right in front of their systems....u almost have something of a relationship with that machine...

u yell at it if it starts acting up....when it's on the verge of crashing (for those of us who do production work in 9 still ;)) u sweet talk it...hoping that it will just finish the task at hand...

and when it does exactly what u need it to do...u praise it....brag about it...

wow...I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way?!

as for my TiBook...no worries...she always works exactly what I need her to do...yes, she's a "she"... :D

palala
May 23, 2002, 11:33 AM
OK, first... I would have to credit Marvin Gaye with "Lets get it on". I love Barry, but Marvin was first.
Moving on, I do love my Mac...and in turn I believe my Mac has gotten me love. Women always notice a Mac. They can tell you are a sensitive, smart and creative guy from you having a Mac. There was one time where I had my Mac in my room, and I was having a romantic evening. I do not have a fireplace in my room, so I downloaded a fireplace screensaver and had a fire ablaze in the background all night long. My Mac has always been there for me.

Macmaniac
May 23, 2002, 11:49 AM
When I walk into my computer room I can't help but admire that cute little Snow iMac on my desk. Barry White is cool! Thx for the rip mix burn commercial Barry.

jefhatfield
May 23, 2002, 12:49 PM
a mac has a personality that no pc could ever have

a pc is a tool, and these days a pretty important one

but while a mac is an important tool, too - it is like a member of the family much like a pet - the appearance of post-beige macs are not eyesores in a room like many pcs

three out of four times i boot up with my ibook instead of the pc laptop...and the pc takes twice as long to boot up and shut down

Rower_CPU
May 23, 2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
...as for my TiBook...no worries...she always works exactly what I need her to do...yes, she's a "she"... :D

Same here...and she treats me real good! :D

macfreek57
May 23, 2002, 02:08 PM
i feel you all the way wsteineker!
{edit}replace feel{/edit}

Hemingray
May 23, 2002, 02:23 PM
Yes, I love my mac! She's faithful, mostly reliable and pretty.

And, on the other side of the coin, I hate my Mac! She's old and slow. :D

But I'll never get rid of her, that's for sure. She'll just be handed down to my dad's office when I get a G5, so we'll still have some good times. :cool:

britboy
May 23, 2002, 07:42 PM
Yes, i love my mac! There, i've said it, you all know the truth...

I just call it Mercury (i know, boring of me to just take the codename assigned by apple, but it suits it), and probably talk to it more than i do to real people! or maybe that's just because i'm alone for the week... :confused:

teabgs
May 23, 2002, 07:48 PM
well I've never been caught in an intimiate moment with any of the Macs I use....but I do talk to them...mostly the G4 tower at work in particular..

if u think about it...for those who spend the majority of their day right in front of their systems....u almost have something of a relationship with that machine...

u yell at it if it starts acting up....when it's on the verge of crashing (for those of us who do production work in 9 still ;)) u sweet talk it...hoping that it will just finish the task at hand...

and when it does exactly what u need it to do...u praise it....brag about it...

wow...I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way?!

I feel the same way. I love my machine too...we've been through a lot together. It's androgiounous (sp?). named The All Mighty. The tower that will be mine after MWNY will be a she...Josephine most likely, I like that name alot. :)

Rower_CPU
May 23, 2002, 07:59 PM
OK, nevermind...I'm leaving my GF for this sweet number: :D

rdhazrd
May 23, 2002, 08:01 PM
Well, I would have to say I have an emotional attatchment to my mac. She's been there for me no matter what, through 3 affairs my wife had and the divorce. I know I would never catch her file sharing with any one else. And yes "she", it's the first Mac I've had that's a she. It's "slot loading" :D I don't have a name for her, but I do get all of her periferals in colors that match her. Oh god, I need to get out more!!!

mymemory
May 23, 2002, 08:07 PM
I friend of mine told me...

Do not fall in live with your Mac, and it is true!

I love my G4 400, but I need a faster Mac to do the renders. In that way I better break up with my G4 400 and sell it now that I can and get a dual G4 as soon I have the rest of the money.

I'm not sure about the Pismo, the new PB G4 ahve more video ram but I do not have that much money yet. I may keep my Pismo a little longer.

teabgs
May 23, 2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by rdhazrd
Well, I would have to say I have an emotional attatchment to my mac. She's been there for me no matter what, through 3 affairs my wife had and the divorce. I know I would never catch her file sharing with any one else. And yes "she", it's the first Mac I've had that's a she. It's "slot loading" :D I don't have a name for her, but I do get all of her periferals in colors that match her. Oh god, I need to get out more!!!

thats rough man.

BTW by posting here you have disqualified "going out more". In fact you are now owned by the obsession of macrumors. your every waking thought from now on will be macrumors. you'll see...you will be one of us muahahahahaa!! :p :eek: :cool:

rdhazrd
May 24, 2002, 02:55 AM
teabgs I've been addicted to this site, it's set as my home page! I just don't post much.

macfreek57
May 24, 2002, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by teabgs
In fact you are now owned by the obsession of macrumors. your every waking thought from now on will be macrumors. you'll see...you will be one of us muahahahahaa!! :p :eek: :cool:

oh god! get it off me!!!!!
it's eating my brain!!!!!!!

eyelikeart
May 24, 2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by teabgs

I feel the same way. I love my machine too...we've been through a lot together. It's androgiounous (sp?). named The All Mighty. The tower that will be mine after MWNY will be a she...Josephine most likely, I like that name alot. :)

aaahh...ok....

I was starting to worry that I was the only one here who felt this way...

didn't want u guys to think I was a bit out of it just because I have no girlfriend presently...he he he ;)

teabgs
May 24, 2002, 10:28 AM

aaahh...ok....

I was starting to worry that I was the only one here who felt this way...

didn't want u guys to think I was a bit out of it just because I have no girlfriend presently...he he he ;)

I don't think the fact that you currently have no girlfriend is THE reason why you're out of it.

There's plenty of other reasons for this...;) :p