Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
I'm almost ready to release my new game, it will be cross platform but I'm going to release it for the mac a week or so before windows. The game is an original puzzle game, and you can download the mac demo here - http://nuclearnova.com/temp/liquiddefense.zip . Here is a screenshot from a few weeks ago,
liquiddefensescreenshot1.jpg

Any feedback is welcome and much appreciated. I'm not sure if the game works on PowerPC macs, I'm going to do some testing Saturday when I have access to a G5.

Anyone that gives a decent amount of useful feedback is entitled to a free copy of Liquid Defense or GL Golf (check signature). Tell me everything you think of the game, I won't be offended as long as you are being constructive

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I'm almost ready to release my new game, it will be cross platform but I'm going to release it for the mac a week or so before windows. The game is an original puzzle game, and you can download the mac demo here - http://nuclearnova.com/temp/liquiddefensedemo.zip . Here is a screenshot from a few weeks ago [screenshot removed to save bandwidth]
Any feedback is welcome and much appreciated. I'm not sure if the game works on PowerPC macs, I'm going to do some testing Saturday when I have access to a G5.

Anyone that gives a decent amount of useful feedback is entitled to a free copy of Liquid Defense or GL Golf (check signature). Tell me everything you think of the game, I won't be offended as long as you are being constructive
I don't know if you've fixed this already, but that screenshot has a text wrap issue in the left bar - the (downgrade) part leaks out of the bar it's supposed to be contained in.

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I love tower defense... it's great to see someone coming up with an original creative one!

Possible improvements:
It's a pain to hit escape to stop holding a tower so you can select already built ones. It should be right click ideally, I think. Then you can move rotation to "z" and "x" or something like that.
The graphics are great, but looking at much more demanding games they could probably be less.... boxy. If you could do that, the game would look even more appealing.
As I understand it, you have just water, oil and fire. That's fine for the demo but it'd be nice if the full version had more elements.
Maybe add a level creator and make even bigger levels?

I like that it's a 3D playing field even if it doesn't affect the game.
The music and background are great!
The game concept is creative and fun.

I can't really think of anything else to say except great job and I can't wait for updates!
Nate

elfin buddy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2001
Tuttlingen, Germany
This strikes me as somewhat similar to Pangea's Enigmo series. Is it the same sort of concept? I haven't tried your game just yet because I'm at work on a Linux box :eek:

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I kind of thought that too at first elfin, but other than the fact that it's a 3D-2D level it's not really like enigmo at all.

Also vlade none of us mind getting a free registered copy of your game I'm sure, but it's really not necessary. I for one would help you out without bribing, and I'm sure most others here would be just as helpful. It's a great community here.
Nate

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
wrldwzrd89 - Thanks, I did notice that right after I put the screenshot up, it should be a real easy fix.

liptonlover - Great idea with the right click! You can rotate using the arrow keys, but in the next version right click will deselect and the middle click will be an additional way to rotate the building. There is currently water, gas, oil (adding it to level 0-2), and fire. I'm planning several updates and an expansion pack that will add several new liquids, I have an upcoming deadline so I can't add them now. I agree with the graphics suggestions, I'm going to hopefully improve them in a 1.1 update

elfin buddy - They have some similarities, but are really totally different games.

Thanks for the offer to help for free, but giving you a serial number costs me absolutely nothing. Macrumors is a great community, I'm glad I've been a part of it for so many years. I forgot to mention to anyone that helps, just send me a PM for what game you want and I'll reply with a serial

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.