Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spartan55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
My little battery icon has stopped showing a loss in battery and what not. Or at least it hadn't for the past few days because all of a sudden it stopped working because it was at like 5% battery, it's fully charged now and I'll see if the battery icon works. But just wondering if anyone has thoughts or fixes for this or anyone has had the same problem.

afterburn11

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
My little battery icon has stopped showing a loss in battery and what not. Or at least it hadn't for the past few days because all of a sudden it stopped working because it was at like 5% battery, it's fully charged now and I'll see if the battery icon works. But just wondering if anyone has thoughts or fixes for this or anyone has had the same problem.

Yeah, my girlfriend's iPhone is experiencing the same thing. Except with hers, the battery indicator never went down, from the first day she had the phone. Her indicator always reads fully charged, and doesn't ever change.

Is there anything that can fix this? Otherwise her phone is flawless.

spartan55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

Yeah after about an hour and a half of use and 2 hours of stand by my phone still shows a full green bar. Does anyone think that a restore will fix it? I've already restored once and it's a pain. Because I can see in the future this battery thing really annoying me.

svenito

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
as of yesterday my battery indicator stopped going down. It showed a full charge until the phone turned itself off because the battery was empty. I've charged it again and am going to see what happens today.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 16GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F108 Safari/525.20)

That happened to me a couple of weeks ago. A simple restart fixed it for me but YMMV.

bigmouth

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2008
Let it run until it shuts down by itself, then recharge fully (ideally overnight). If you still have the problem, try restarting. Those two things did the trick for me.

spartan55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Let it run until it shuts down by itself, then recharge fully (ideally overnight). If you still have the problem, try restarting. Those two things did the trick for me.

I'll let it die down fully, but by restarting do you mean, turning it off and on? Because I've done that already. But I'll do what you said until I make a final consensus.

spartan55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

Oh nevermind. All of a sudden it is showing that the battery is going down. Cool I am glad I didn't restore or anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.