PDA

View Full Version : The Asian Dub Foundation

scem0
Jan 8, 2004, 10:47 PM
Anyone heard of these guys?

I got some of their songs from eMusic when I didn their free trial. Its funny, I don't think they mean it to be though.

Its kind of Asian rap (its in English) and techno type stuff.

scem0

iGav
Jan 9, 2004, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by scem0
Anyone heard of these guys?

I got some of their songs from eMusic when I didn their free trial. Its funny, I don't think they mean it to be though.

Its kind of Asian rap (its in English) and techno type stuff.

scem0

yep, years ago though.... I never took them that seriously, 'Dub War' did it better, and 'New Kingdom' were more phunky!

eyelikeart
Jan 9, 2004, 09:08 AM
I previewed them on emusic a while back myself. Didn't end up downloading it though, wasn't my cup of tea.

vollspacken
Jan 9, 2004, 11:15 AM
I've seen them live a couple'o'times, and own their first two regular albums...

they had been an excellent live act and their studio work was pretty good too, but they still had some fillers.., BUT they changed the leadsinger (I think they have two now) and some of the other guys left too... now they play a different style which I don't like... I saw a live performance on German TV "Arte" some weeks ago and it pretty much sucked...

If you are interested in them, check out "Black White", "Assasin" and "Nexalite" on their album "Rafi's Revenge", and "Real Great Britain", "Riddim I Like", "New Way New Life" on their album "Community Music"... good stuff :)

vSpacken

eyelikeart
Jan 9, 2004, 01:09 PM
I must update my previous comment...

I actually do have their album "Facts & Fictions," and it's unplayed. So yeah, I still don't like 'em much. :D

scem0
Jan 9, 2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
I must update my previous comment...

I actually do have their album "Facts & Fictions," and it's unplayed. So yeah, I still don't like 'em much. :D

Yeah I bought some of the songs off facts and fictions when I was buying songs from eMusic.

I would have bought other music, but sadly i coudln't find ANYONE mainstream except for 50 cent who I hate.

eMusic sucks :(.

scem0

eyelikeart
Jan 9, 2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by scem0
I would have bought other music, but sadly i coudln't find ANYONE mainstream except for 50 cent who I hate.

eMusic sucks :(.

Ha yeah. They aren't really known for mainstream tunes, unless they're older albums, just not popular ones, or off less popular labels.

I canceled my account 4 months ago, when they decided to go into limit-mode with their downloads & their dowload program couldn't get anymore than 30% of a complete album. :rolleyes:

WinterMute
Jan 10, 2004, 10:55 AM
One of my ex-students plays percussion for them, they played a summer ball gig here 3 years ago, had a blast...:D