PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me some cool apps for my new Touch

Joeytpg
Aug 14, 2008, 10:15 PM
Got this new 16 iPod Touch, and I need to get some cool apps into it.

What do you have in your touch?

-I'm a musician
-I love games

so if you can recommend something, it'd be great!

deriko100
Aug 14, 2008, 10:23 PM
Definitely get beatmaker, simplify media, datacase, teleport, remote, weatherbiug. and maybe boxoffice :D

Joeytpg
Aug 14, 2008, 10:27 PM
oh, I forgot to ask...

WHERE can I get these apps? :D

Eric Isaacson
Aug 14, 2008, 10:42 PM
Simplify Media, Pandora

A couple of Games
Fire Words
Trism

You can get them through the Itunes store and then click on App Store.

Good luck

Eric

Packersfan27
Aug 14, 2008, 10:50 PM
Tap Tap revenge (music and a game all in one) :p

Joeytpg
Aug 14, 2008, 11:19 PM
thanks guys!

where can I get an msn messenger for the touch??

iTeen
Aug 14, 2008, 11:31 PM
thanks guys!

where can I get an msn messenger for the touch??
MobileChat (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=287479962&mt=8) is your best bet.

cLin
Aug 15, 2008, 03:02 PM
To avoid making a new thread I hope you don't mind if I jump on this one.

I will be getting mine in a few days as well and something I'd like to have is some way to have a screen for notes and have it display on the front screen. like a todo list notepad. Is there anything for that on app store yet? I figured since it's touch screen i can take advantage of writing with my fingers.

MatchFrame
Aug 15, 2008, 03:55 PM
To avoid making a new thread I hope you don't mind if I jump on this one.

I will be getting mine in a few days as well and something I'd like to have is some way to have a screen for notes and have it display on the front screen. like a todo list notepad. Is there anything for that on app store yet? I figured since it's touch screen i can take advantage of writing with my fingers.

At this time, Apple doesn't let you do anything useful with the "locked" screen. This stinks, and I hope they'll add that feature. I've seen that jailbroken iPhones and iPod Touches do have this ability, if it's worth it to you.

YouNote is a great free note-taking app. You can type notes, draw notes, record notes (if you had an iPhone :mad:), take photo notes (also with iPhone), and even take notes based on location. Quite a good little free app.

cLin
Aug 15, 2008, 04:07 PM
wait, so when there is a locked screen, what do you see exactly?

Night Spring
Aug 15, 2008, 04:39 PM
wait, so when there is a locked screen, what do you see exactly?

Just a pretty picture, and the slider to unlock. If you were playing music before you locked the phone/touch, you see info about the song that was playing.

ErstO
Aug 16, 2008, 10:52 AM
is there any app. or perhaps a built in way of setting up privicy with out just locking the Touch?

sort of a way of hiding all those inspirational photos your girlfriend sends :D

iTeen
Aug 16, 2008, 11:01 AM
is there any app. or perhaps a built in way of setting up privicy with out just locking the Touch?

sort of a way of hiding all those inspirational photos your girlfriend sends :D
You can set a passcode, so that everytime you wake up/turn on the iPod you are required to enter a 4-digit passcode.

That might help with the pics...:D

tleafs
Aug 16, 2008, 01:10 PM
Reallife like animation, and you can play in different venues.

LeahM
Aug 19, 2008, 01:15 AM
is there an App yet where you can set a home screen background? JB-ing is not an option

Dudeman486
Aug 19, 2008, 05:48 AM
is there an App yet where you can set a home screen background? JB-ing is not an option

not yet, as apple does not allow developers that much functionality with the SDK. perhaps in the future...

as for the OP's question: check out instapaper free. it is pretty much an app that allows you to save webpages to your touch to read when offline. it's fantastic when you are in a place without wifi and need to catch up.