Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

huhwtfisthis?

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
I recently got a new car. i had been planning on sticking one of the white apple stickers that came with my MacBook in the rear window of my car, but now i am wondering if i should decide that i don't like the way it looks, will it be easy to remove?

I bet a lot of people here have these stickers on their car, but had anyone ever tried taking it off? If so, how difficult was it, and how did u do it?

thanks

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It is just a normal sticker and probably never thought would wind up on cars. They're easy to peel off and quite weather-resistant.

Goo-gone usually does the trick if the sticker is too difficult.

huhwtfisthis?

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
It is just a normal sticker and probably never thought would wind up on cars. They're easy to peel off and quite weather-resistant.

Goo-gone usually does the trick if the sticker is too difficult.

ok, thank you... I think i'll stick it on there tomarro.

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
The Apple stickers are quit sticky. Put one on the bumper of my focus about 5 years ago and still can't get it off today without doing any damage to the paint.

If you have rear defrosters in your back window I definitely wouldn't put it on the inside - because if you try to take the sticker off it will probably damage them. So on the outside would be better and you'll have no problem getting it off with a razor blade and not doing any damage to your car.

martinfoster427

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2012
Streamwood,IL,USA
There are so many types of stickers some are easily removable or some are not. Static Clings Stickers is one of the best type of stickers which is mostly used to put on windows of cars and it’s easily removable too without any damage.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
No! The RDF™ contained within the apple stickers causes interference with any nearby wipers resting on the windows. Many find it worth the risk but you should consider safety first!
:trollface:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.